ZBrushCentral

ORGANIZE - Lightbox and Asset consolidation for projects

This question is for those artist blessed with good organizational skills.
Example, Maya can setup a default project with the folder and sub folder structure needed for a project. All assets are stored in one folder. (Audio apps also have this structure.)

I would like all Projects including zProjects to be stored on an external Drive, but be able to see and load them from Lightbox. Because default windows cannot display ZBrush content.

Some artists save zTools instead of zProjects.
I might have a Project where I only save a zTool, but don’t want to save it in the ZBrush “Tools” folder, but still want the Project to show in Lightbox when launching ZBrush, without having the Project stored in the Pixologic\ZBrush path.

…hope this makes sense.
Distinction between “Project” and zProject (Save as)

Hi @CountQuadula

I hope I’m understanding you correctly.

All you have to do is place a shortcut in the appropriate ZBrush folders linking it to the folder on your other hard drive. I think that is the only way to bring stuff into Lightbox from another drive. You have “Open File” in Lightbox, but I assume you want the visual representation of the files that Lightbox gives.

You can do the same thing for all other ZBrush folders like Alphas, Textures, Tools etc…

1 Like

shortcut is a good Idea!
for example Pablo (ZBrush Guides) They need to be used together to wok.

Projects> shortcut to> zbg Digital Clay Folder
zbg Digital Clay - Lights
zbg Digital Clay - Materials
zbg Digital Clay - Brush