ZBrushCentral

Old model, new displace, shading...

Great work!!!. Congratulations!!!

Just a little question. I´m a lightwave and modo user but I had some issues when applying the displacement from Z-brush in lightwave. I have to put a very high subpatch level to see accurate results, like 50 levels!! I´ll apreciate any help. Thanks!

Ripper…I can’t wait to see this finished image of this one!!!

That’s exactly who I thought it was. I’m surprised more people haven’t asked that. Nice piece of work anyway.
:+1:

Ripper wrote:
Yes I know Frank Albers and Danny Braet but as it seems you’re from L.A… how do you know I worked for Grid???

That’s an easy one, Ripper. I just went to the web address you include on all your pics…:smiley:

I was Frank’s supervisor on Titanic. I helped bring him to the U.S. He’s a hell of a nice guy and wonderfully talented. We brought Danny to the U.S. also. Another talented artist and a real nice guy…:smiley: I guess you can say that I’m a Belgian artist fan…:laughing:

And back on topic…That ape is gonna be another cool model, Bro…:+1:

Dickie

Hi, quick question. Was the ape modeled poly by poly point by point? I call it Edge Extrusion if you ask me. Or are you using another type of mathod?

Thnx…

Thanks everyone!

FXWave, that really depends on the kind of details you’re looking for but don’t expect to get stuffs like very little details such as skin pores and stuffs like that with Lightwave. What I usually do is… first head where I do most of face structure changes and big details (for displacement map), I then use another one where I do little details and I use is as bump map.
I really hope the Luxology will have micro displacement in its renderer so that I can finally make the switch.

Webhead, I used Al Pacino as a base ref but my intend wasn’t to model him at all… it’s just that it’s a bit easier when having some ref pics to make a character… as I’m a big movies fan, I most of the time use favorite actors as ref.

Hey Dickie, so you work at Digital Domain then!?!.. I remember a year after they left Belgium, I went to Siggraph… they were back then working both at DD and we had the change to visit the studio… if I remember well, Frank was working on ‘Titanic’ and Danny on ‘Red Corner’… I also remember being very impressed by what you guys were doing over there:)

Nightwolf10, I use Modo for modeling and I don’t really use any special techniques to model.
Most of the time I use ‘Edge Extend’, ‘Element Move’ and ‘Bridge Tool’. I think for as long as the techniques suit you, there’s no rules and only the result count.

Here’s a little update of the Gorilla head:

The ripper.
Gorilla_WIP_002.jpg

Considering you weren’t even trying, its a pretty good likeness of Al!

Ripper,
as usually your work looks really great (awesome) …

a little word for Belgium :

ca fait un moment que je connais ton travail,
bravo pour la rigueur, la précision, la qualité de la modélisation et du rendu de l’ensemble de tes posts

Thanks for the explanation of your modeling technique. I kinda had the same idea on how you model. Bridge tool sure works great.

For the Ape i assume since you are using Modo that you rendered that in another application, more likely Lightwave? Most people i know who use Modo came from Lightwave, but i could be wrong.

:Dgeez that is really beautifull… i like the gorilla helmet to :lol:

Nice work.

Did you paint the fabric textures on in ZBrush? They look very neatly placed. That’s something I have been interested in doing but have not had much time to experiment. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

How the heck did you get “the rippers” hair roots to blend into his scalp like that. Was it the lighting or some option in shave?

Hi, just adding my 2 cents worth… wow amazing! I loved the first pic (reminded me of older Henry Winkler), great work… didn’t really care for the bearded version but still also great work! I must say that gorilla is very convincing! Totally awesome!! Can’t wait to see the end of that one!

wenna

oh my god!! I drop my mouth when I see this, god…looks so good the SSS. Top row!!!

I think it’s a great work of art. Great emotion in the eyes and mouth and everything! The lighting is also great, it looks as if he’s under a shade, which really aligns with his expression. Great work!

sry for the very late reply havent check that thread for a long time. yes “deathfall” is a (spanic?) cg forum and the picture was called “aquaticman” or so, very realistic one. and i bet its one of yours.