ZBrushCentral

Old model, new displace, shading...

Ripper, this is beautiful work! Great modeling, texturing ,subtle lighting. Congratulations on this beautiful piece.
mm

Hi ripper,
This is totaly amazing !! I especialy love the translucence of the skin, what kind of rendering is that? (Zbrush ??).

And if you are the ripper from CGtalk, you are a great inspiration to me :wink:

Dizzy Boy

Thanks everyone!

Mr micro26: Yes that’d be a good idea but the problem is… it’s already hard to match the hair rendered in Maya with Lightwave rendering.
Everytime I want to add a light, it takes lots of tweaking and I’m a bit tired of these tweakings:)
I’ll probably try when I’ll get what I want in 1 single 3D package or maybe later when I have more time.

arshlevon: In fact I use a broad specular and reflection for the rest… to mimic reality, I should use a blurred reflection instead of the first specular but It’s just to speed up my rendering a bit.

neuroticgothguy: I’ll try just that.

tayete: Don’t you think it’s just a matter of taste… I’ve already seen lots of people with eyes that size.:slight_smile:

Dickie: Yes… you’re right, it needs some real SSS… I’ve been trying with a plugin so far but it’s not good enough.

Frenchy Pilou: Nice observation… I checked it and there’s a mistake.
I didn’t change it in my last update but I will in the next one.
The reason is that I use 2 objects for the eyes, the eye ball and another I call cornea. What happened is… I rotated the eye balls but the cornea arent parented. As the object is not completely spherical, the specular looks inaccurate.

gattomanzo: I’ll post the wire pretty soon… I just haven’t done any grabs of those things.

DizzyBoy: No that’s not Zbrush… Zbrush is a great piece of software but so far I only use it for sclupting… the rendering is Lightwave and hair are Maya (ShaveAndHaircut).

Here’s a little update… added some beard and change few stuffs… the background is temporary:

The ripper.

OM_Skin_Test_006.jpg

… thats really beautiful… Fantastic work!

Scott

sin duda excelente trabajo…
pero esto es lo que nunca podran hacer los que usan Z_brush y que siempre sera destacado como trabajo de excelencia!

Your work is very good. Is fantastic image and model.

Thanks everyone!

Here’s a little pic of the Displace render and the opengl grab:

The ripper.OpenGL_Hair_000.jpg

Stuning work.
It looks so real - im just waiting that he opens the mouth to say something.
Great.

Beautiful realism. Is it Al Pacino?

Looks pretty good. Can we see the wire?

awesome work Ripper !
The eyes(expression) are wonderfull.

Lucky_1

Only one thing hat off!!!
Incredible.
Arturo

Ripper, were you using G2 for the SSS render? It’s a great plugin, but in SSS renders when trying to make ice, I sometimes got weird double shadows.

Oh and since you worked at Grid, do you know Frank Albers and Danny Braet?

Dickie

amazing yet again.

what was your ref? it looks like Ray Ramano from tv:sunglasses:

Exellent work I think:) :+1:

Your eye for detail is amazing. The execution of the model is great in itself, soon as I saw the thumb I went “I cannot believe…”. Great work Sir. Carry on. :+1: :sunglasses:

yeah really cool, btw are u the same guy from “deathfall” ? i have seen there a photorealistic head from a guy called “the ripper” ( a long time ago)

WoW!

Thanks again everyone!

Dickie: No I’m not using G2… I’m a big fan of Worley plugins but the G2 doesn’t convice me enough… I use Chanlum to try to make a SSS layer… it’s not accurate but It’s rather fast.
Yes I know Frank Albers and Danny Braet but as it seems you’re from L.A… how do you know I worked for Grid???

n-drew: No I’m not from deathfall… is it a CGforum or something?

Here’s something I started yesterday evening… I’ll post progress in a new thread when I’ll start the Zbrush part on him:

The ripper.
Gorilla_WIP_000.jpg