ZBrushCentral

Old man head Study - James Whitmore RIP

Great work m8,this sculpt looks like real stone,awesome work!!!

I added a 2nd image at the start of this thread in honour of the actor who died yesterday.

I started the project last week and only found out today he had passed away.
RIP james whitmore.

Fantastic model of a fantastic actor. Rest in peace. :cry:

Wow, the bust you sculpt’s top quality! :+1: :+1:

Supurb work, nice choice of subject. I didn’t realise he’d left us.

First time in awhile I have wanted to cheer a top row selection.

Congratulations…

wow ! great model and render !

wow, crazy timing on this bust!

awesome likeness also

great work! looks very realistic

Alex Oliver

Very nice model! Great render too!

What shader/material did you use in Max?

heh, grats on toprow :smiley:
eager to see your next work!

froyd

really great. :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Nice clay feel model:+1:

Very nice tribute piece :slight_smile: Instantly recognized him from the small image posted in the top row.

Sad that he’s passed, He was a wonderful actor.

oh he was an actor… I thought he’s that guy who shot a lot of people in Austin, Texas but that was Charles Whitman I think…my mistake…

He looks so fleshy, and i think u used the cut tool very nicely. How many polys did you end up using?

Nice job, i did a very similar study/bust of my grandfather who passed away last year. Now you inspired me to post it up for some competition. :wink:

Joaquin E. Jutt
www.jjutt.blogspot.com

I was priviledged to spend some time with Mr. Whitmore a few years back. What a wonderful man. As I remember him well, I must say you have done a very good job. My only critique is biased, I remember him having a smile.

“brooks was here” :smiley:

great work :slight_smile:

congradulations on top row! It’s certainly deserving it is a very good sculpt - very recognizable.

I love the texture you used on it - is that one of the built in z-brush materials or did you make your own for max?

Another couple questions: what division did you get down to? and what tool and settings did you use for (for example) the wrinkles in the forehead?

it’s always great to look at all this wonderful Zbrush work that dwarfs my beginner stuff. I’m new here but I plan on getting some stuff up soon.

I know for sure Brookes wouldn’t hang himself if he saw this sculpt right after being released from prison :smiley: