ZBrushCentral

Now Im having fun

@ Phrost and Victor

Thanks!
Im looking at both ideas, and at the moment both are a little over my head still but not for long…
Retopo is baffling I either end up with Legos or I melt stuff into blobs, I don’t know why yet, both are fun but not what Im after…
Still I kept working on it and with the polys I had left I managed some improvement and found what I did wrong:
When I was building the Zsphere stuff I made little details in places and not in others, there is for example a tiny Zsphere at the belly button and that has more polygons than the entire head, it was tiny and I dident notice that that had happened till later and till way after it was too late…
Oh stupid me…
Anyway, its still got a LONG way to go.
I will try both or all three I suppose, retopo, HD, then retopo-ing HD but I have to learn those first, now Im playing with paint and destroying sub-tools.

Thanks again you guys! This gives me new stuff to bang on and curse at!

Cheers!
MealeaEeeeek.jpg

Attachments

Eeeeek.jpg

Ok…
I am learning to retopoologizificatisim… um… thing…
While actually making rather good progress with this I suddenly spazzed out and did the following:

Fairly soon I will gave some retopo… how is this spelled??? stuff, its an odd and interesting process, fun too when things go smoothly

GRIN!KickingJacksonPollockInTheNuts.jpg

Attachments

KickingJacksonPollockInTheNuts.jpg

There is something immensely satisfying about cutting lose with 2.5D tools, I have still found no actual use for them but just for blowing off steam its fantastic. That error up there happened in the middle of attempting to use the hook brush thingy on fur, I was not doing this at all slowly, just sort of going berserk with different tools, having Windows poop out was so funny my tummy still hurts from laughing at it.
Microsoft is now diligently trying to find a solution to me going nuts for a moment!
Wish them luck! With me behaving like a lunatic and them taking things seriously I think they could be in for a bit of a ride.

GRIN!

Retopo is actually fun, its not as hard as I thought and its also not as easy as I hopped, but that is largely due to lack of practice.
One thing I cant seem to do is hide the stuff I shouldn’t be able to see, meaning the stuff on the other side of the object, heres a simple and silly example:

<table class=“fieldset” border=“0” cellpadding=“0” cellspacing=“1” width=“100%”><tbody><tr><td></td><td align=“right”>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

I used a sphere as its a lot less complicated than other stuff and in an example I tried with a cube I got totally confused as to what I was looking at.
I did find out from the cube however that you can just use a shape to place topo lines on, a cube doesn’t have to retopo to a cube, in fact I suspect with a little screwing about I could retopo a cube into a sphere.

Thanks to the lot of you for suggesting all these neat directions to zoom off into, I am having a total blast with Zbrush!

Cheers!
MealeaZLittleBallAndZLittleTopoThingy.jpgZotherLittleZBallZBugger.jpg

I lol’d at the error screencap. Happened to me a time or two subdividing with insane amounts of experimental stuff onscreen.:lol:

You’re really lookin’ under the hood in your Zbrush projects, congrats!

hehehehehe!!!
Yep!
The Zspheres got me going, its like blowing bubbles in milk with a straw when your a kid… only no one is yelling at you to stop.
:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:
:laughing: :laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:
:laughing: :laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:
:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:
The under the hood stuff is mostly cause I’m totally clueless, I still don’t know what a UV or a normal is, but that’s fine, I have tons of new toys all in one neat program. That and the best way to find out what something does is to stick your head in it and look around, if it dosent stink or bite you things get interesting!

I KNEW 2.5d was good for something… Eating radioactive cookies!

![Macrophage.jpg|1100x840](upload://1Biytnop7cvZv72RtCaz2mdDuK6.jpeg)

Attachments

Macrophage.jpg

Francesco Mai got me looking at 2.5D again, heres why:
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=130089&page=1&pp=15

now… in 50 years I will be as good at this as he was when he was about 2 months old, so to get as good as he is now at my current level of sucking at stuff… let me see… wow that’s a big number…

oopsAgain.jpg

Attachments

oopsAgain.jpg

That “cookie” isn’t just radioactive…its growing…and expanding…and-

[End Transmission]

I love the pacman :smiley:

And I seriously dont think I will be able to do it again… but I will try…

![IDontKnowHowThisHappened.jpg|1100x840](upload://9eSEQ1uWkdUgmG07CZASk3tOEgl.jpeg)

Attachments

IDontKnowHowThisHappened.jpg

This is great fun! I still haven’t a clue how this works…

![WayBetter.jpg|1100x840](upload://g5xeGB4FFUCxXVPRmbT8ueRX7yy.jpeg)

Attachments

WayBetter.jpg

Whoa those are insane! I like the squared off one, if you put a shiney metal shader on it it could be a disco ball creature!

I love this thread. :slight_smile:
It’s great fun seeing the things you’re discovering, just by accident.

So how did you do those last two? That’s a great effect.

I think that happens when you turn on the wireframe and you have the bump material on the sculpt.

Great work btw. Very trippy :lol:

@ Urchinator:
Thanks! And I did that… or well, anyway I thought the same thing and made a ball… now I need John Revolta to strut about under it… hehehehe!!!

@Cad64:
Thanks! and I think I figured it out, more in a moment…

@Pap87:
I think your right, and thank you!

ok…
Here is what I did, and it worked a second time:
1) In the materiel thingy hit the load button.
2) In the material directory you will find texture called “DoubleDotsOatmeal” load that onto any model you like, bare in mind that you are going to be enhancing the mesh it self here so not to dense might be good.
3) Turn on “Draw Poly-frame”.
4) Render.

Thats it, I suspect that it will work with other materials as well but I have been playing with my oatmeal so far and having gotten around to testing that out.

Thanks for the comments!
and Cheers!
Mealea

Ok yes, you can use other materials, apparently some have bumpiness and others don’t, you need the ones that have it.

This means I suppose that now I need to find out how to make meterials

Oh drat!
MORE TOYS!!!

@ stanley82:
GRIN!!!
Thank you!

@ The Master Elite:
I sent a search party out looking for you but all they found was a boot, it will warm your heart to know that its now in a museum and will be preserved as the only remanents (sp?) of anyone who has been eaten by a cookie.

Cheers!
Mealea

As it turns out you can do this to Legos too… and having done that you can deform the crap out of them too…
Zbrush is a powerful hallucinogen or something…
I made this out of OATMEAL?!?!?!?!

![LegoHeadPersonGuyThing.jpg|1100x840](upload://4fViDB8XpTPeXqlaid3fzmRkA5J.jpeg)

Attachments

LegoHeadPersonGuyThing.jpg

![RoundWaffle.jpg|1100x840](upload://hHiHRSw6eqqPfqwm2g5ZAvbFuap.jpeg)![Pollen.jpg|1100x840](upload://bbIXqJ8CN4RNGQ80eFuulcNTJrR.jpeg)

Attachments

RoundWaffle.jpg

Pollen.jpg