ZBrushCentral

(not so) Primitive City

hyper1, the dvd should work on any operating system as long as you have a dvd rom drive.

!!! Very cool :slight_smile: Tutorial with pics or Zscript of modelling such buildings would be awesome :+1:

I love that Z-techno city :lol: .
Your renderings must bring in a lot of new Z-brushers ,Meats !
I only hope that you give us some info-morsels that are not on Gnomon-dvd’s;)

jantim

I’ve been on this forum awhile, seen alot of stuff. This one IS …WOW…incredible. MEATS -IS- the reason I’m ZBrushin’!:+1:

Yet another Meaty helping of inspiration… <cough> … sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

I just got both of your DVD sets a few days ago. I was afraid that my expectations were too high, but I am not at all disappointed! Glad to hear you will be making more!

Anyway… thought this was a good opportunity to say “thanks” :smiley:

Where can I buy this DVDs? :slight_smile:

Here ya go…
http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/ :+1:

oh…right, thank you :slight_smile:

I was going to soil my pants but then I saw that it was done by Meats Meier. That’s just a bunch of doodles to him.

Great work!!
can i see different angle?

Thanks everyone! It makes me want to create more and more…very nice of you guys.

Jantim - I talked a little bit about you and mentioned your materials a bit at the Zbrush user group in SF…I am impressed.

GORILLA -

I’ve been on this forum awhile, seen alot of stuff. This one IS …WOW…incredible. MEATS -IS- the reason I’m ZBrushin’!:+1:

Thats one of the nicest thing that I’ve heard in awhile, appreciate it!

Fuzatron -

I just got both of your DVD sets a few days ago. I was afraid that my expectations were too high, but I am not at all disappointed! Glad to hear you will be making more!

Great! I am making as many as I have time for, which is a lot!

sephellius -

I was going to soil my pants but then I saw that it was done by Meats Meier. That’s just a bunch of doodles to him.

Lol. Thanks! Actually, they are kind of doodles in a way - 3d doodles. I just start out with no real plan and see where the inspiration takes me. That is the real reason I love Zbrush so much…taking away the technical (at least once you learn it) and just having fun again…

ThaoLe-

Great work!!
can i see different angle?

This is basically a painting, so no, I can’t rotate it. Zbrush allows you to “paint” with 3d objects, figuring out your lighting and shadows for you, which saves a whole lot of time obviously. Each seperate piece is 3d and I can rotate them, but once I “drop” them onto the canvas, it is only an image (a 2.5D image that you still have a lot of control over).

Just awesome Meats! You always seem to give so much personality to your work, nothing seems to be under-represented. Do you cover your workflow in creating such menagerie in your Gnomon DVDs?

Cheers,

what the hell, is it really posible to do all of that in less than a day?

Oh yeah.
Power of Pixols baby!

Quote:
“I composited in the sky using the Zdepth pass from Zbrush in Photoshop.”

I’m fairly certain this is a stupid question, but what is a “ZDepth pass”? I searched ZBrushCentral and only found it mentioned a few times, without explanation. “ZDepth” isn’t even in the Practical Guide.

Is it perhaps grabbing the depth info to the Alpha palette, (like alpha-skinning) and using that as a transparency mask in Photoshop, or something similar?

Thanks for any hints or pointers.

BTW, really astounding artwork, Mr. Meier. Also, I’m about half way through your “Introduction to ZBrush” DVDs, and am very impressed. Very clear and information-packed presentation. I’ve learned a lot!

-Jim

" Z-depht" is in the “practical Guide " Jim…just look for the chapter :” Digital Clay" written by…Yes,…Meats himself :smiley:

jantim

Hi Meats,
Been on your website, and have seen all of your other works, amazing… just amazing :slight_smile: a question, off topic in here, hope it’s okay… but those Nature pictures,i believe it’s your wife, are those sculpured in Maya, and been throught Zb and in Photoshop for a final finish…?

And i’m from Denmark, and yes… Copenhagen is great… i live not so far from there, And i know the Trumax school, almost every 3d artist from Denmark with a degree comes from or have been involved in trumax :slight_smile:

Thanks for the response!

tjnyc-

Do you cover your workflow in creating such menagerie in your Gnomon DVDs?
I am working on some now that cover illustration techniques in Zbrush.

jgjones-

what is a “ZDepth pass”?
Thanks Jantim. Yeah, it’s is the black and white image that is produced when you press then “GrabDoc” button in the alpha palette. If you have more than one layer, you should merge them into one to get the depth of the complete scene - otherwise, you will just get the depth of the individual layer that you have currently selected.

BTW, really astounding artwork, Mr. Meier. Also, I’m about half way through your “Introduction to ZBrush” DVDs, and am very impressed. Very clear and information-packed presentation. I’ve learned a lot!
Apreciate that, and good to hear!

andromedia-

Been on your website, and have seen all of your other works, amazing… just amazing :slight_smile: a question, off topic in here, hope it’s okay… but those Nature pictures,i believe it’s your wife, are those sculpured in Maya, and been throught Zb and in Photoshop for a final finish…?

Most of the images on my site are Maya and Photoshop right now, I need to update badly…in fact I’m getting help right now to do that from Strannik from the Russian Zbrush Gallery.
It’s not a depiction of my wife, although, I just made it for her for birthday…

I do miss Copenhagen…:slight_smile:

I bought your Introduction to ZBrush from Gnomon. Wonderfull Job! Keep going further cause very usefull. Please !

Maya’s software renderer can handle 40,000,000 polys or higher. I’ve done it with nurbs geometry, and I’m no expert. Pixar’s PRman can render over 100,000,000 polys. So it’s doable. He would have to keep all of the low resolution meshes with displacement maps. Importing that many polys isn’t possible, but Maya can do it because with displacement maps the polys are created at render time. As long as the imported low rez meshes don’t kill Maya then you can wring a lot more detail out of scenes during the rendering.

Nice image, btw. The mechanical stuff is always nice to look at, especially when it’s textured so well.