ZBrushCentral

News sculpt added - Page 4:formerly "First Z3 sculpt doodle"

Well, I’m gonna grab a bite to eat and then have a go at this. And, with a bit of luck it ought to see me through to my next eat without me going totally off my head. I must have spent a good 8 Hours at this topo’ thing now, and all I get is a horrible yellow cage to work with.

Thanks poda, I just hope I “get it” sometime today :wink:

Poda, great explanation on topology! :+1: Would you be so kind as to post it into this thread as well? I’m trying to get as much information about topo in one thread. Thanks!

Note that they aren’t verts but in fact zspheres.

If it hasn’t been mentioned already, just as with ‘regular’ zspheres, Alt-LMB will delete a rig zsphere when in draw mode.

Excelent Poda, thanks very much
Andreseloy
ps: Hi Bonecradle the best for you:+1:

Judging from the stars on the post now I think you are right! I am thrilled to to see that this information is helpful.

Done. Thanks for the support!

You are correct and there are times when I think calling them zpheres (or something other than verts) would be beneficial. Here I thought it was clearer to call them verts. The step by step section of the Topology docs also calls them vertices (vertex).

Thanks Bonecradle.

Thank you Andreseloy. Good work with you explanations and zscript!

This should go in the Wiki.

Thanks Poda, there’s a few good pointers in there :wink:

I started trying to learn MatCap. But I am not really ready to show any of that. I’m still getting the hang of things. Using the MatCap tool is pretty straight foward. I’m having more trouble with Material management (why in the world isn’t there a button for adding new materials instead of pasting over existing ones?) and SubTool color/material nuttiness.

Any, I shifted my focus back to sculpting. Used Lazy Mouse for the first time. WOW! Also used more brushes including Flatten, Clay, Pinch and Inflate. With those I made the following piece. I also finally uprezed the poly sphere for the first time in z3.

Hope you like it. Comments and crits welcome as usual.

Jalek_3qtr.jpg

Attachments

Jalek_headshots.jpg

Wow that looks sweet! Where is the lazy mouse located and I assume it average out stylus/mouse movements of zadd.

In the stroke Panel
Andreseloy

Thanks Womball. Glad you like it.

The Lazy Mouse feature is near the bottom of the stroke menu.

FYI - Tools and Subtools have independent Previews. If you want to make a change to your Tool placement/orientation you will need to repeat the process for each associated SubTool (perhaps there is an option or hotkey somewhere that automatically unifies these).

FYI_subToolPrvNeedLove2.jpg

Maybe one could use macro recording as a workaround for this (would require a bit of planning ahead though, certainly not the most elegant way).

Man! I am learning so much (and sleeping so little).

Here’s my first serious attempt at poly painting. Also the first time I ever used cavity masked (you can see some of the transitions are rather ubrupt). Mannn I wish I had know about those before.
This also marks the most work I have ever done with alphas in ZBrush. I realize the overall color is too even. C&C welcome.

[Jalek_color.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘57306’,‘Jalek_color.jpg’,1,0))

Here’s a close up.

[jalek_color_big.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘57307’,‘jalek_color_big.jpg’,1,0))

Yes, only z3 and meth takes your sleep hours away like that.
I like the veins. Scary. :eek:

Thanks GiantSun.

Here’s a wallpaper. :slight_smile:
JalekPile.jpg

on a boll…
[attach=57479]zpileSphere.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

zpileSphere.jpg

wow, the wallpaper really works, cause u start looking at it and all the monsters come out of the color…

Thanks GiantSun. I never spent much time playing with ZBrush’s 2.5d paint side. It’s quite intoxicating.

I did run into a few gotchas though.

1. I couldn’t figure out how to get my render Best to match my render Preview. The wallpaper below is rendered in Preview mode. I turned the Light ambient and the Render ambient down to 0 and I still got a bright, flat shot.
  2. The other thing was that I grabbed an alpha and a texture and applied that to the sphere. The alpha did not seem to have any of the detail in it that I was expecting. It was more like a simple silohuette of each head with no surface detail. I ended up creating an intensity mask from the color texture instead. That worked okay but it’s still a bit flat.
I’ve obviously got a huge amount of catching up to do in ZBrush spell casting. :smiley: