ZBrushCentral

Newbie Challenge #001 Deco Brush

Wow!!! Some very cool stuff…I love it!!!

DaveG…great play…I cannot begin to tell you of the countless hours lost playing with this brush!!!:wink:

Lemmonado…very cool…and am glad you are now the master of your Zbrush domain!!:smiley:

JotaJota…have to say your explorations went rather well!!!:smiley: I love the fisheye lens effect of the main pic!!

Moochie and Rawnrr…great firsts…lets see some more!!!:smiley:

Ryan…Very cool…I was hoping someone would go this route and what a great bonus to have you share the script…this will open some doors for sure THANK YOU!!!

Wow really nice and original stuff here!!!:+1:

aminuts and Andreseloy Thanks for the :cool: newbie learning place and for the :cool: decobrush zscripts.

A note about using materials with the decobrush - Z2 has 4 default paper ones I did a sample of one of them (I do not know how to make paper mats but the four with Z2 are :cool: )
here’s the sample image
deco with paper materials.jpg

dammit, i wish i could contribute to this… are these comps held regulary?, i get my copy of zb2 in late april

Only alphas from the default library. Bit of postwork in PS Elements (wish I could afford CS). Stoopid but fun. And so is my picture.
alpha02.jpg

Aminuts was right when he think in this thread like very instructive and helpfull.
This is Deco Long Hair Effect.
Just pick up the alpha and its all:D
Deco Long Hair Image.jpg
Andreseloy

Attachments

pelo.jpg

What a great Idea!!! I would be willing to do these kinds of challenges more than once a week.

Also, I challenge anyone to name a tool in another program that has the power of the Deco Brush…
Good place to start with this!!
Here are my “playin around” entries…

Attachments

AbstractDecoBrush2.pdf (281 KB)

AbstractDecoBrush3.pdf (237 KB)

AbstractDecoBrush.pdf (299 KB)

wow, long hair deco…so it really can be done? hm, interesting. I’m planning on creating 3d hair in zbrush using the “cwhal & ronm” method. but if that falls through i’ll experiment with the long hair deco now. thanks :slight_smile:

here is a test and zscript with alpha made in ZB
Hope this help
Andreseloy

Attachments

Deco Hair Test Image.jpg

i right saw your DecoImages¡¡¡ all are great and the 3 one is just superb to me¡¡
I imagine the third in a big gallery art¡¡¡so spectacular¡
Congratulations
Andrseloy

Great stuff!!! Keep em coming!!

Spasmodic_Cheese…Have no fear…this and all future challenges are going to be left open, so join in when you are ready!!!

Wow I could spend one month with the deco brush only making alphas:D .

You alredy will know but here it is a little description:

1.Only decobrush/ no texture at all.
2.Deco brush with 1. as texture.
3.The 2. as alpha in projection master.

Nothing more at this moment but hope for more in the next day or so.

Impressed with what I have seen and I shall continue to expand my imagination to create more.

I think my style is typically soft and gentle and shys away from monsters and stuff, though trying one would be a fun experience!

Keep up the good stuff all! :smiley: :+1: :+1:

Cheers
Dave

hey Dave

soft and gentle is cool ya know…even if doing monsters can be crazy fun…I think it’s harder to create something soft and gentle…so take your time!! and don’t worry it’s not a monster…there are plenty of those!!

Be yourself, and let your vision shine…we ask nothing more, nothing less!!!:wink:

Just messing about. Very slowly getting a degree of control over this powerful tool (the deco brush). I’ve been getting some cool effects using very low RGB and Z intensity settings, combined with soft edges and the spray options. Sometimes I’m getting roughly the result I expect, but most times I get a surprise. Often it’s a nice surprise, but I am glad the Ctrl and Z keys are so close to each other! :rolleyes:

Incidentally, I was trying to make seamless tiles. I can do it using the drop down menu (to scroll the canvas), but the Help notes refer to the tilde key. I always thought that was ‘~’, but no joy (Ctrl ~ drag). Difference between US and UK keyboards, maybe?
alpha03.jpg

In my Toshiba Laptop the ñ is the tilde key¡
Cameyo has found key and looking in the Preference Panel touching the different keys and seeing what number correspond to the tilde ¡
Andreseloy

Also just messing again - and quite pleased with the results. So much fun and also so relaxing. Just great! :+1:

Enjoy!
:slight_smile:

Alphas_005.jpg

Attachments

Alphas_006.jpg

Great concept and follow through guys. I would suggest being more specific with the name of the third ZScript and the Tool. For Instance:

\Newbie-Challenges-&-Tutorials
2005-03-24-A&A-Deco-Brush-1-Basic Use.txt
2005-03-24-A&A-Deco-Basic-2-More Technique and your Challenge.txt
2005-03-24-A&A-Deco-Basic-3-A&A-Wild-Examples.txt
2005-03-24-A&A-Deco-Basic-4-Tool.ztl

This way the users can dump all of your future and present offerings into one folder if they want and not worry about finding them again for future referance, or cluttering up their folder structure. Also more use of hyphens & or spaces makes it easier and faster to understand.

You guys are tops in my book and I hope to see many more of these efforts in the future!

Gracias Andreseloy…he seguido su zscript y me ha servido cantidades!! :sunglasses: :+1:

Gracias a ti jotajota por tu entusiasmo y tus excepcionales cualidades artìsticas¡
Andreseloy