ZBrushCentral

New ZPlugin : Image Plane

Thanx Marcus.

But I have some strange problems when used this tool.
Some stroke when deforming the plane is ok but sometimes when I stroke it deformed all the plane global not local… :cry:
It’ cleare? one stroke ok? but next in the the same region with the same properties of stroke deform all the plane in global…
strange…

Hi eof3D,

I think what is happening is that your brush stroke is going between the plane vertices and so moving the whole thing. The solution is to subdivide the plane so that it has a higher density. Press Tool>Geometry>Divide and all should be well.

HTH,

thanx Marcus :slight_smile:

can someone tell me whats going wrong here. when i project my second image, i click the texture, click rgb, set z to 0, click edit and move. But the texture doesnt go onto the model. i can move the texture around behind the model buit it doesnt project. Someone help please, i cant firgure this one out.

Hi jasongri,
I’m not exactly sure what you’re doing wrong. At what point are you clicking the Image Plane button?

Ok, i got that problem fixed, i reloaded the script after initializing and it seems to be woring fine.

But one thing i did notice is that the image resolution is low. can someone tell me how to raise this up. I’m getting blurry or jagged colors after i pick up my model. I’ve tried raising the texuture size before maping it with image plane and that still leaves jagged images especially where i have low poly faces. the model was started in maya and I generated an unwraped uv map there for the model. I’m not sure what to do now, any ideas are welcome.

Hi jasongri,
I’m glad you got it sorted. For your second problem it sounds as though you need to increase your model’s texture size. If you accept the Projection Master default that will only be 1024 square. Select your model, create a new texture of the size you want, then drop in PM and continue.

thanks now im starting to get somewhere, but ZBrush only lets me make textures up to 4k is there a way to get it to go higher?

I understand that you can increase the size to an 8K max by importing a blank texture of the size you want.

hello i submit my first work in that community so i little bit nervious so be coporate with menew charecter.jpg

Hello Syed Noman Ahmed Rahmani,
Welcome to ZBC and that is a very good start to ZBrushing. I look forward to seeing how your model progresses.

A suggestion: post the picture again in the Main forum as a new post. I think you’ll get more response. (This thread is really just about my Image Plane plugin.)

Good luck!

howz it is … alll you senior i need guidence n saggestion :confused: web again copy.jpg

good,very good.

Thanks ! Awesome !

yet another plugin which is in heavy use here all the time, Thanks!

This sounds interesting. I don’t know ZBrush well enough to compare, yet - I have to learn how to install this plugin -

but is this an automated way of putting a texture map and a flat white shader on a plane as if I did it myself manually within the GUI, or is it something essentially different?

The essential difference is that the process is automated. There’s nothing here that you can’t do with the options already available. The reason you might like to try the plugin is that it’s a bit of a fiddle to initialize a plane to the same proportions as your image, place it in the centre of the canvas and scale it to fit. The plugin uses the currently selected material. To change the material on the plane, enter Edit mode immediately after loading the plane and select the new material.

It was very handy, and not at all hard to learn how to install or use. Thank you.

That’s what I needed ,thank you.

i remember having seen characters like this in karachi - and i love this!