ZBrushCentral

New Update: PSNAP (QuickSave) Plugin - ver 1.5 - FIXED July 10, 05

Hi Sven

Just been using the script and I noticed when you try to autosave a unskinned zsphere model I get an error message when the script uses the Mesh function to get the model’s subd level. I think if you check to see if the object has the preview off then you should be able to turn it on before you do the check.

Hope that made sense :slight_smile:

Digits,

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll check that part of the code, find the problem and try a fix. I’ll post my results. :cry:

Sven

In addition

To begin a seq of models you press the “Model” button to assign a filename and then each successive press of the “M+” button assigns a sequence number and saves the model. That works great. I noticed however if you have reloaded Zbrush or reinitialize Zbrush it no longer remembers the BaseName and does not increment the filename. What might be nice would be.

1. The user has put a model on the canvas in edit mode. example Testobj005.ztl
  2. The user presses the “M+” button
  3. The script checks the ToolName and records the 005 sequence number
  4. The Script then updates the 005 to 006 and saves the tool.
  5. If the User drags a new (unsequenced Toolname) example Testobj.ztl then the script uses Testobj as the basename and saves the tool as Testobj001.ztl.

This way you really don’t even need the “Model” button as the script will get everything it needs from the filename.

Hope that makes sense as well. This is a useful script not only for saving your work but providing models for my PeoplePoker script for example and also another program I am working on at the moment.

Hi D,

I tried your suggestion to check the Preview button and turn it on if it isn’t. That works, nice catch!

Of course this opens a small can of worms involving checking the status of other things (depending on how anal I want to get about restoring everything back as it was before the save.)

Now, I gotta check out the other issues in your second note and how to deal with those. I see that generalized auto-incrementing through the M+ key could be extremely useful. I have to revisit that button’s code and see how I might modify it… which may take a while. :confused: )

Sven

How does this work on a Mac? Anyone tried it? :slight_smile:

PSNAP USERS:

I’ve just now uploaded an updated zipped version of PSNAP.ZSC. Digits pointed out several issues which now seem to be resolved (Thanks Digits!).

If you want the new release, just download the attached PSNAP_FIX.ZIP file at the top of the thread and unzip it right over the old PSNAP.ZSC version in the ZPlugs folder.

Again, if you experience any other problems please post them here.

Sven

Thank you so much for the update!! It works perfectly!!!

p.s. Just a note for silly people like me, when saving as a document, take the tool out of edit first. If you don’t, it will ask you if you want to save the doc or the tool, it will save the doc but it also makes a double of the tool on the canvas and puts that one in edit mode. At first I thought it was the plug-in, but after removing that and just tried saving the doc, still did it. So I found out, less headache if you just take the tool out of edit to begin with. Re-installed plug-in and works great!

Hi Wenna,

Hmm. Good point. Perhaps on the next update I should have PSNAP check for an active model, hide it if there is one before saving the document, then redraw the model and put it back in edit mode.

When I get a minute I’ll test that out. Thanks.

Sven

ooooh, that would be fantastic! Much appreciated for all your hard work. Anything that would do that is worth it cause I keep forgetting to do the little things (like going in & out of edit) before I go on to the bigger things (like saving the doc or going to Texture, etc…) does that makes sense? At any rate, your scripts has saved my sanity more than a few times! Thanks again!

P.S. Also Big thanks to the other scripters who has made my life so much easier and fun!

Thanks for the update Sven. :+1: I bet you thought you’d said goodbye to this one. :wink:

Nicely for the fix, didn’t really notice any problems, but I don’t notice much at all really…:+1:

Nice features in this update. Still a very useful ZPlugin. Thanks :+1:

I know this plug’s been out for a while, but I thought I would reply for Mac users who are interested that it works fine on my Mac. thanks for the cool plugin Sven!

Gray

Thanks for the info!

This sounds like a plugin I’ve been dreaming of! Can’t belive I’ve missed it! But I can’t seem to find a link to download from? Isn’t it available anymore? :confused:

Yipes!

Kyrandian,

To avoid having people download the wrong version of PSnap I asked Aurick (Matthew) to zap all earlier links. In the process he integrated the comments from the earlier links into this thread.

Looks like in the process we lost the link to the latest upload as well! Sorry about that.

Here is the download for you while I contact Matt to see if we can relink it at the top of the thread.

After you install it, please post if you have any problems. :smiley:

Sven

Thanx Svengali!

It works like a charm! :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot, works perfect!

Yep! Your Fan Aminuts recommended this plug-in and I’m really happy he did it!

Thanks A LOT Svengali! I’ved always saved my work with incremental numbers but this makes it much more easier and the fact that I don’t have to go to the lowest level and then go up makes it even better for me :+1:

It would be cool if the were a button that gives you the possibility to save over the same file name. I mention this because I only save my works with other names when I’m about to do something risky and that I couldn’t undo. But if every things going alright I’ll save it on the same file… just a thought :wink:

Thanks a lot, still have to explore your other ones… and of course I’ll thank you for them as well :+1:

elarcano,

If you click on the model button, it will give you the opportunity to OVERWRITE the most recently saved file… just press enter to confirm.

I borrowed the functionality for this key set from the old, old, dos-based 2D animation package named AnimatorPro from Autodesk. :slight_smile:

Aminuts’ webpage is the Masterlist of must-have plugins, check them all out.

Sven