ZBrushCentral

Native American Red Skin

This is a project I was working on and during which I learned many things.
It is my last model since I started in the 3d world two years ago.
With every new project you learn something and in this one I learned that making a model does not only mean a model but that it must transfer something, make the viewer feel emotions.

The process for this model started in the search of references in pinterest and watching movies from the old west. Then I went to blender to do the blocking from there I went to zbrush to start making the secondary and tertiary forms.
then i went to make the pores and wrinkles, each joint was hand made without symmetry i wanted to try a different working method. then i painted the model in zbrush with polypaint and helped me with substance painter to get the other maps, then i went to maya to proceed with the hair using xgen and at the end use arnold to render.

during the process many problems arose but from each error I learned something new. thank you very much

14 Likes

There are so many details in this sculpture that it makes it real, almost like a photo.
Fantastic job!

1 Like

Beautiful work! Congrats on the achieved result!

I can see you were careful about the expression and lighting, really nice renders!

1 Like

Thank you very much, first I investigated a part of their culture and then take references and start with the sculpting, then do each pore individually and the wrinkles everything was a manual work and done in zbrush

muchas gracias si me toco probar varios modos de iluminacion y re esculpir para organizar algunos de talles , muchas gracias

Is this (magnificent) head rigged or in any other way capable of receiving facial mocap information … or could it be made so in an appropriate way, ie, with results that were as great as this head deserves?

1 Like

hello good evening, everything is sculpted by hand and has the topology optimized for animation