ZBrushCentral

Nanny Ogg's rendering and compositing challenge

Crap! I forgot about this. I wanted to try out some render techniques but i just started tonight. I only had a couple hours tonight to put this together but i wanted to give it a go. The skins not the best but here’s what i have so far. Fun model to work with, wish i would have started sooner. Thanks for the assets!

![mgf_nannyOgg.jpg|1024x1024](upload://ueb2ftKsJb3W9rSSGZ67zaU6QrA.jpeg)

Attachments

mgf_nannyOgg2.jpg

walkin down the street, pretty woman, the kind I like to meet, pretty woman, I don’t believe you! it must be true, no one can look as good as you, MERCY!

Good job on Nanny Ogg!

Thank you sooo much to everyone who participated! :slight_smile: I’m so glad an you all did a great job as far as I’m concerned! I’ll be forwarding the entries to the jury now, and let you know of the final result as soon as available! (hopefully within the next few days)

See ya!

winners.jpg

Dejan Kober: „Plus: The author has tried to create an appropriate feel, and has relatively succeeded. Minus: The lack of details on the face, poor skin material seems more like stone than skin. The lighting could do with more liveliness and variety. The smoke coming out of the pipe is unnatural and „artificial“. Would be better without it. Brajan Martinović: „I'm not sure where have all the wrinkles and the bump gone? Looks like the author made an effort for the hag to get to the cover of Cosmo :) It's all very smooth. And the shadow of the hat blackens a big portion making it dull. Certainly no more than one light source here, incomplete materials, boring background, bad smoke, better there weren't any. Toni Bratinčević: „First thing I notice is that this entry is missing GI, which would come in handy to fill in the overly dark parts. The position of light is very interesting because it covers the right eye which shines in the dark a little...a sense of split personality :) The background could definitely be a bit more interesting, although not in focus still plays a big part in the overall look. Noticable lack of sss and specular on the skin. Closing word from Brajan: [font=Wingdings] „Hmmm, a sad turnout. A lot of people on vacation this time of year, probably why. This competition presented a good example how it's not enough to turn on mental ray and global illumination and expect it'll do all the job for you. Sluggards :)

Attachments

Alen - XSI - 3dhr.jpg

Thanks for the win :slight_smile: I completely agree with the crits that was given so good work there! I thought it was a fun competition, so please do more of them. Let me know if you need any help with exporting the maps for next time.

Best wishes,
Johan

Congratulations Griml0ck! I myself was most pleased what you did with it as well. As you know I’m not big on rendering, and I don’t know even how to bake some maps out (such as spec for example), moreso how to use them the right way… Hope it’ll change though as soon as I’m pretty satisfied with my sculpting skills I’ll give myself to the rendering tutorials.

Once again, thanks for your help, I might take you up on that in the future :wink: And congratulations! P.S. if you’d like I’ll send you the ztool.