ZBrushCentral

My Z3 Adventures...WIP (nudity)

(v)olotov: Thanks man! This guy was started over on cgtalk for the low poly modeling class and now he’s getting his time in the Z-light. I should have some time to work on him tonight so, updates soon.

Wow, OK…its been a little while since I had a chance to work on this guy. I did get a little time tonight to start roughing out some forms on him though.

Still alot of work to do but any comments are more than welcome. :slight_smile: Thanks.

-Ryan

[]
[]BodyWorkFront3Q.jpg
[]BodyWorkFront.jpgBodyWorkBack3Q.jpgBodyWorkFront3Q.jpgBodyWorkFront.jpg

Really nice looking models you have going! I think the arms could be a little longer though.

Stalsby: Thanks for the comments. I will play around with his proportions tonight.
-Ryan

Well, Ive been a little busy lately but I found some time to work on this guy. I altered his proportions slightly and have just been slowly adding some details…

Still lots to do but I think he’s coming along pretty well.
If any one has any comments or suggenstions, or if something grabs you as just not right, feel free to let me know.:slight_smile:
Thanks!

-Ryan

[]

[]

[]3ViewBody_WIP.jpg

[]3Q_Bust_WIP.jpgFront_Bust_WIP.jpg3ViewBody_WIP.jpgBody_Armor_WIP.jpg

coming along nicely keep it going.

rynomyte,
Nice work I must say. You have caught on to these new Z3 tools fast.

I wanted to give a little feedback on your monk. Have you ever gone to the gym and you see those guys that only do upper body workouts but never work on their legs? I call them chicken leggers. Well this guy reminds me of that. He is supposed to be physically fit all around but his legs and hip area do not look like they are as well built as his shoulders and arms. It makes it feel like something is off. Just my two cents. Great work though. :slight_smile:

beuatiful sculpts man - super work 4 stars!

Zanrok: Thanks for the encouragement! :slight_smile:

McGergs: I totally agree with you on the lower body and I have beefed his legs up a bit but, staying true to my concept, a little of that is built into the character on purpose. I want him to be fairly realistic but with a bit of stylization thrown in for good measure.:wink: Thank you so much for the comments though as fresh eyes are always a help!

Vexona: Thanks for the kind words! (and stars:D )

Well, as the title of this post indicates, I have moved on to a new model for a few days. I want to see how working on several models at a time affects my workflows and time management.
For anyone on the edge of their seats waiting for one of my previous models in this thread (Hello?..Anyone? :lol: ) I promise to update those soon as well.
So, this new guy is based on the movie, Tales From The Crypt: Demon Knight. For some reason I got it in my head that I just needed to create one of the ‘Lesser Demons’ from this film. Maybe its because it is one of my favorite horror flicks or maybe its from the number of aliens/demons that have popped up on the forum lately…I dont know. Either way, I hope you all enjoy…

Here is my almost completed base mesh from max (Need to tie up a few loose edges and add some geometry for the ears) and a couple of reference images for those that have not seen the film. Hopefully I can get to some ZBrushin this evening.
Thanks!

-Ryan
[]
[]BaseMesh_F.jpgBaseMesh_B.jpgBody10Small.jpgBody08Small.jpgBody02Small.jpgFace02Small.jpgFace05Small.jpg

Attachments

Body02Small.jpg

Heres some updates a little later than I hoped…
Anyway, here are some updates on the body. Some areas still need a bit of work… More to follow soon.

C&C most welcome.:slight_smile:

Thanks!

Ryan

![Sculpt_Fr3Q.jpg|619x720](upload://nVmVyf9nZ4fZh82dSDYd7E23TwD.jpeg)![Sculpt_Bk3Q.jpg|682x720](upload://tm3z54NMJ2VLKXu0W4IsCXfrcYC.jpeg)

A few updates on the body and Just starting on the head…some closeups soon. Cheers!

Ryan
[]
[]Sculpt_Fr3Q01.jpgSculpt_Bk3Q01.jpg

Starting the face…

[]

RyanFaceWIP.jpg

Hey all! A little more work on the head…and a few more views.
Tired of looking at grey so I played with some materials…both were provided by Ralf Stumpf (Green Clay/Grey Clay). Thanks!
-Ryan

[]
[]Face2ViewWIP.jpgFaceGrClayWIP.jpgFace2ViewWIP.jpg

Hey all!

Im going to attempt to complete the modeling on this guy today so, wish me luck!

Getting into some facial details for now…C&C Welcome!

-Ryan
[]FaceWIP01.jpg

Details…Im not sure Im sold on this one.

This is my first time seriously working on the high rez details on a model…This guy is supposed to be bumpy and leathery but did I go too far? Are the details too uniform? I cant decide yet but Im still tweaking things and trying different looks…I may start over on the details.
I think I need a break for a bit.:wink:

Any imput on this guy would really help me out! Thanks guys!

-Ryan

[EDIT: Heres a thought…detailing and using alphas seems to work much better with Zsub turned on instead of Zadd! D’oh! :confused: OK then. Starting over…]

[]FaceWIP02a.jpg

Wow it looks promising :wink:

Go Ahead Man… :+1:

Piz: Thank you;)

Well…This is much more in the direction I was thinking but I am still not satisfied. But thats okay…a little practice never hurts! I think tomorrow I will start the details over one more time and, with what I have learned from my first two attempts, I should have something worth keeping.
Thanks!

-Ryan

![FaceWIP03.jpg|676x714](upload://aP1EWzeog2DHKVWomYvrThncsgI.jpeg)

Im finally satisfied with the head/facial details on this guy (except for the ears)…still need to blend some of the wrinkles together and cut into and raise some of the wrinkles outward to make him a bit more fleshy…plus lots of other stuff.:smiley:
But for now, I sleep.
Thanks.

-Ryan

![FaceDetail3Q_WIP.jpg|1100x834](upload://nllx8iuu2Lb4imYhj7FhXT5fTlQ.jpeg)![FaceDetailFront_WIP.jpg|730x829](upload://nPkZ80BOZnBs2fzGoDTCQGDJiSM.jpeg)

Attachments

FaceDetail3Q_WIP.jpg

Wow really great modeling. Love the fairy hope to see her finished. Love the alien. Really good job.

At this point… very good :smiley: