ZBrushCentral

My works in progress (Sculpting Adventures)

mandark- i agree. i was doing some poses last night, so i could get a more natural feel of the body, and i did notice the head was a little out of proportion. i will address this issue.

elliott- nice to see you posting on here now! i do get a little carried away with one area, i have noticed that. i agree with you in the alien bust, but i have kind of abandoned that, trying to get this new character done for your class.

ill post more when i have some time, between school and maya tutorials, this weekend has been busy!

Cool. Its hard for me to keep up with all of your projects. I look forward to seeing more.

hey guys
i havent posted any updates in a while, ive been boged down with school work and some maya tutorials. well here is what i have been working on. i also posted the eye which i created in maya, render with mental ray. this is just a template i made, ill be adapting the pupil and eye color to make it look more alien.

thanks!
[wip_torso_4.jpg]eye.jpg

Attachments

legs_1.jpg

wip_back_2.jpg

hand_1.jpg

i started a skull today from a polysphere

here is the work so far:

[wip_skull2_1.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘86526’,‘wip_skull2_2.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

wip_skull2_2.jpg

Nice start. I can tell your looking at anatomy references and not just inventing it in your mind. I can’t wait to see more.

here is an update. i am almost done with the overall shapes

used an Arran J Lewis material for the 3/4 view. excellent matcaps.

i think i am going to try to shape the lower jaw out of a seperate polyshere, i may model one in maya and import however

[wip_skull2_3.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘86566’,‘wip_skull2_3.jpg’,1,0))

hey guys,
here is a final render of my skull. rendered in passes out of Z3, compositied in photoshop. i hope you like it

[final_skull_mini.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘86671’,‘final_skull_mini.jpg’,1,0))

Thats a cool looking render. Can you show us how you did it?

i sure can:

[render_tut copy.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘86678’,‘render_tut copy.jpg’,1,0))

When you get to the arms on the alien make sure they are longer. Also the hands and feet on the alien should be bigger. I would make the hands really big, kinda like abe from oddworld.

Nice work there, you may have found it easier to render out a flat colour shader to produce a proper black and white alpha. Then you could have used this as a mask in photoshop, instead of using cut out tools.

Keep it up :+1:

thats a good idea, and i would have made the hands bigger, but ive already been working on the textures and stuff, adn its for a class, so there are deadline :frowning: but i will probably do that for myself eventually

haha thats true. oh well, now people know 2 way :+1:

hey guys! i was working on a torso study tonight. let me know what you think/what areas need improvement. thanks!

[front_1.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘86850’,‘side_1.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

back_1.jpg

side_1.jpg

The neck muscle (not sure if it’s the sternomastoid or platysmal, or even if it’s either of those, but you know what I mean) is too exaggerated, so I’d say pull that back and smooth it out a bit. The pectorals should probably be a bit bigger on such a muscular model. The clavicle looks a bit too curved as well it seems, I don’t believe that’s suppose to curve. The right glut also looks a bit too large and inflated compared to the other. I think it should probably be somewhere in between the two. I can’t really help you on the back as it is a complex area that my understanding of is minimal.

My muscle terms were mostly double-checked, but if there are any errors I apologize.

thanks alot. i will work on the chest. i am feeling pretty confident about the back, but i knew the chest was a little deformed.

ps- the shader washed out alot of the details and made the cavitys look shallower than they actually are. i will post with a regular shader tomorrow after i adjust the anatomy

Personally I’d just keep the bronze material and exaggerate the cavities if they get washed out. The bronze material is absolutely crucial for great torso sculpts.

Nice work Matt. I think the Sternocleido mastoid: neck muscle connecting ther sternum to the clavicle and relative to the mastoid process is not correct. A little square. I know your working on a bunch of projects concurrently. All in all this is a good start.:+1:

hey guys. i did another torso study in the past two nights. i am slowly working my way out to a whole body haha. let me know what you think:

[front_1.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘87044’,‘side_upper_1.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

side_upper_1.jpg

back_1.jpg

Looking good. I’d like to see some indication of the rib cage bones and muscles (Serratus anterior, external oblique ). nice work.:+1:

On that first bust, what brush or alpha did you use? I like how it looks like a scratch brush.