ZBrushCentral

My Work Dump!

i love those arms that you did! wow! amazing texturing!
hows that tutorial coming along eh :stuck_out_tongue:

but really, if you would be so kind as to share your secrets (which prog did you make the maps in etc) i would LOVE to know how you do itā€¦
keep up the killer work!

Blaine91555: Hey thanks for looking man, definately agree with you, that touch will come right at the end.

Giantsun: Thanks for the kind words !

mdale13: LOL! the lips ill get too shortly - and the hairstyle after that.

calum5zb: Glad you like the lashes, i think they are a bit thin and wispy but i might leave them like thatā€¦

DblQt: Im not sure if ill have the time to organise something regarding my texture painting process. But i can tell you that on the pixologic site there are links to movies regarding polypainting, those movies are where i learnt everything i know to achieve what you see on my female model here.

If your regarding the earlier textures on my arms - that would be quite a long process i think, and very freeform to say the least. As its a mixture of alot of handpainting and photo editing, combined with lots of mulitple layer use. Iā€™ll pay more closer attention to the processes next time i paint some skin at home and try to nail it down to a few key steps. hopefully that might help me, and you both :smiley:

mradamw: Hi and thanks for the nice comments! The tutorial is in this thread i thinkā€¦ if its not ill link you to a place where it definately is!

I use photoshop to make my texture maps for the arms, but the girl im working on now is totally done in zbrush except for the white highlights in her eyes - thats a photoshop addition.

Thanks mate,

do you have a link to those movies you mentioned per chance.

Thanks again.

I think i will add a braid hangin down from behind her neck and to the right side of her faceā€¦

Head_Render_5.jpg

I need to get onto a new piece!

Really nice man! :smiley: :+1:

nice model, she reminds me of Harper from Lost:
http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Image:Harper_therapy.jpg

piz: Hey thanks man :smiley:

spaceboy412: Haha! it does, Iā€™ve never watched lost before - but I can instantly see some resemblance! Classic !

A quick old man sculpt done tonight in the adverts of a program I was watching haha!

Not sure if ill take him any further but I might come back to him.

More of a practise than anything else.

Old_Guy_1.jpg

Top work mate. I especially like the work on the lips.:smiley: :+1:

Minty: Thanks man :smiley:

Heres a new piece that ill upload here because Iā€™ve learnt a fair few new things.

Its a Realtime 1,230 tri head - with a mental ray shader on it.

I started with the low poly, building and texturing it using camera mapping. ( Thanks to Guillaume :+1: ) Then threw the textured low poly into zbrush. And quickly sculpted out only the basic strongest of details visible in the texture.

After that got all of my maps out, back into max for some rendering, and some realtime viewport captures with the default direct x shader in max.

I havent really gone for anything awesomely characteristc here, i actually tried to pick the most basic guy i could find on 3d.sk and use him for something easy to learn camera mapping with!

I hope to do something more advanced and many more characteristics next!

Thanks for looking! :+1:

cool work man :slight_smile:
very nice results.

one quick question, when you say ā€œthanks to Guillaumeā€ about camera mapping, are you refering to a tutorial (presumably made by Guillaume lol) if so could you post the link? Iā€™d be interested in having a look at it :lol:
cheers

Layer01: Thanks for looking, im glad you like it!!! Sorry theres no tutorial by Guillaume, he just helped me out alot when I had questions! and deserves some kind words for giving me some valuable advice!! :smiley:

ah ok :wink:
no worries, maybe if you end up making the tute you talked about earlier you could put those tips in :slight_smile:

Looking forward to what you make next!

Hey everyone,

I havent posted here in a long long time, thought i would show what ive been tinkering away on over the past couple of weeks.

I chose to work on something completely different to anything ive ever done, so i picked a character from the kingdom hearts games, Kairi.

I originally set out to capture her as closely as possible but I soon felt compelled to make the design mine instead, and mature her just a few years.

For every problem i started to solve i started to see a dozen others pop up and before i knew it i was going backwards, so thats where i decided to leave it.

This is my Kairi,

Kairi_Final_Medium.jpg

If youd like to check out some WIP shots you can check my WIP folder here:

http://hyperdivine.deviantart.com/gā€¦ork-in-Progress

I hope you enjoy looking at her cheeky smile as much Iā€™ve loved building her. :slight_smile:

Awesome work Hazardous!! :+1: :+1:

I was also a kingdom hearts fan, and you just reminded me of this game which I havenā€™t seen or played in a while

Keep it up!

My sister loves this game. I thought it was pretty fun myself. Anyway I like the new design, however I think the mouth is too large for her face. I think a slightly less wide mouth will link it even stronger to the original design. She will still retain that older look. It would be great if she could wield a keyblade in future games. The area between her thumb and first finger is a little strange. I think it needs to curve a bit more and not come to a point.

The character in post#74 is wonderful. Donā€™t know the game, but you did a wonderful job from what you have up. :wink:

Darukin: Thanks Buddy! Yeah im going to play number 2 soon!

Womball: Thanks for the crits man, your spot on but i wont go back and fix it up, ill just improove my next character!!

Jason Belec: Thanks buddy im glad you like it :slight_smile:

WIP of my next character the design has been done by a friend of mine!

Timmy the Alchemist:

A little backstory about Timmy, hes a budding young alchemist and magician who uses rare plants from the nearby dungeon to make potions and remedies for the people in his village.

Hes very shy, and doesnt talk to people much, he loves to be organised but would run away if someone praised his work, his face completely red with embarrasment.

Timmy_1.jpg

Hey nice model man , i really ike the render of the girl

Give the latest one a cat like nose :stuck_out_tongue: