ZBrushCentral

My Work Dump!

I’m inspired! great work. My texturing is inferior to yours! lol Can’t wait to see more.

Hey Hazardous,

Nice job again on the eyes (256 tris?). I’m guessing when you get them in
you’ll have to shrink the texture in the pupil area a bit or scale the back
edgeloop up…at least that’s been my problem. I’m suprised at how
much the pupil area actually protrudes forwards from the corners of the
eye in real life, as it seems more ‘top of an egg’ than sphere in shape.

cheers. :slight_smile:

WailingMonkey

Really like your work alot!

Kosher: Thanks for your support, Ill get my tutorial finished hopefully this weekend. That mighe be a little bit more helpful to people! :smiley:

ashaid: I am humbled man, but seriously I dont consider myself worthy - 5 stars is for top guns only, im still so far from a majority of the artists on this board its not even funny. But thank you none the less!

Lumin8: Hah thanks man, next up will be a bit more of the generic body which ill chuck into zbrush and sculpt from there.

WailingMonkey: Hey man, thanks again - but only 128tris for the double layer eye. Most likely to be stripped back to 64 ( using half of a geosphere ) Your exactly right about the eye shape, its definately a bit strange and less circular haha! But i find honestly that building an eye exactly like a real eye, often gives strange looking specular highlights and reflections right along the outer rim of the iris, right where the ‘bump of the egg’ begins. so i prefer to go with something that looks right, rather than is ‘super-correct’. :smiley:

dlb: Thanks man i hope to continue to please! :smiley:

That is very cool. It is good to see how you have reallly built up the layers rather then just showing a before after.
Thanks.

Grant.

Crap! my tablet died! im getting a new intuo 3, and its on the way! i cant wait to start sclupting with it!!!

Hi Guys,

Default Female quick base mesh, prior to sculpting in zbrush.

Ive tried to go for a decent amount of topology / mesh density in the areas that are going to need it, rather than begin with an overall block mesh.

I know she is missing alot of curvature and detail, so far but ill push that stuff in with zbrush!

What do you think of the average proportions etc ?

as a basemesh this is real nice… it looks and feels right, maybe get that knee angled a little when you look at it from the front… the lower leg usually curves outward… the leg is a bit straight right now… but I don;t think that is really important in the base mesh… that’s a 2 second tweak when you start scultpting anyway.

Keep it up…

Sathe: Thanks, yeah thats exactly what i couldnt find around anywhere, so i decided why not show it that way to hopefully help some others.

Peter Pankras: Your right, i agree totally :smiley: Thanks for the sharp eye, ill remember that!

Hi Guys,

Havent UPdated for a while, just thought id throw this head up on here,

feedback and comments as always welcomed!!

Head_2.jpg

Attachments

Head_3.jpg

Yeah!
More people from Brisbane!

Where are you working at?

Your renders are amazing… Super convincing skintones and lighting…

I’m just curious why you use a low res model with mental ray?

You’re girl edgeflow looks great, maybe just the the foots?
Dont you feel like sculpting her in 45 deg bent arms?

Really like your work m8! Is real, without that perfect proportions that is making people looks like goddamn Barbie and Ken. Keep it up bro!

Sebcesoir: WOAH!!! cant believe you replied to my thread!!! :o Your like my grandmaster dude, always look up to your work!!

Im working at Fuzzyeyes Studio In Brisbane!

Where are you working in brisbane!!! ??? :eek:

Thank you, im glad you like the renders =) I used the low poly, just because i wanted to see if i could maintain a decent representation - of how it would look realtime.

Yes the girl, i will move her arms down, i never liked full T pose, just so used to working with a team of animators who prefer to see models in T pose.

Miztli: Hey thanks man, glad to hear you like it. I havent updated this thread for a while, i will post up some new ones i think…

Thanks for watching! :smiley:

Hi Guys,

A head that i did recently, A bit of a cheesy edge to him. Learning to scuplt hair and use alphas for skin pores etc.

Comments and Crits always welcome.

Head_Display.jpg

I like the smugness of this character very nice. He reminds me of the old Triple H way back when he was still Hunter Hurst Helmsley.

Great sculpt. very beautiful model. :+1:

mnmava: LOL! :lol: hey your right he does a bit - totally unintended as well.

gookle: Thanks for your appreciation, im glad you like it.

Heres some skin I been working on lately using the polypainting technique - and using a skin shader which i tweaked up.

100% no photos used here and this is a zbrush screengrab. Im trying to achieve some degree of realism, but i feel far short. I have alot to go like, variation in tones, between warmer and cooler areas, more assymetry etc.

The closer i get to whats in my head, the more problems i see - is this natural or am i crazy :o

[image deleted at user’s request for contractual reasons]

All comments welcome - pls help.

your poly painting is very amazing … great work :+1:

Amazing head sculpt and texturing. You say you’re disappointed with realism, but I really like it how it is actually :wink:

Long time no update from me, so i though i would add this female sculpt.

I wanted to get a base colour down on her before i got to work on pores and small wrinkles.

What do you think guys & girls ? Heres a screengrab of my zbrush viewport.

Concept-Sculpt_smaller.jpg