ZBrushCentral

My sculpts

@jawa64: You’re absolutely right about the ears, the gum was a deliberate choice since it looked a little silly before. Sadly the walrus was just from a piece of concept art i found online, I would be a much better person if it was a homage to Vinton’s Claymation :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks for the comments.

Hi all,

This is a character I’m working on for a demo-reel piece, His body is fleshed out (except hands and feet I’m not entirely sure what armor/Clothes he is going to have on). Once I have the clothing on I’m planning to really go in with some details and some warpaint.

C&C are always welcome.

Thanks,

I’m still working on my goblin and now a spider-man bust when i have a spare minute at work. This is something I did to get away from doing topology. Took ~2.5 hours.

hurt_JD.jpg

The original concept can be found here: http://www.conceptart.org/artimg/image.php?img=johnm%2Ffull%2Fharm.jpg

Hi all,
Here is another speed sculpt I did tonight. Took about 3 hours, I was very much inspired by pointpusher’s videos on vimeo (http://vimeo.com/pointpusher/videos/sort:date). I think I’m going to keep working like this for awhile since I’m not 100% happy with my skill level. I’d love to be a bit more satisfied before finishing one of my full characters.

Hulk.jpg

Any C&C would be greatly appreciated.

Edit- Any tips on rendering would be awesome too

Thanks,
Joel

Hi all,

Here’s another comic book character, I’m trying for a weekly bust between my character work. This one took me a bit longer than my usual speed sculpts since I was experimenting with details, pretty happy with it but would love to improve upon it.

C&C always appreciated, I’d love to know where I should concentrate. (Besides the hair :P)

Thanks,

your sculpts are great!and your helboy is damn nice!

@Phosforced- Thanks! Sorry for the late reply I’ve been super busy of late.

Here are a few sculpts I did on my lunch breaks, about 3-4 hours each. The alien was about 1-2 hours. I do not know where I got the concepts from, I have a large folder that I throw concepts in for lunchtimes sculpts. So if anybody knows the artists I will gladly give them credit.

Face.jpg

C&C would be greatly appreciated. You’re allowed to be harsh :slight_smile:

Nice work!

A basemesh or do you start out with a sphere and go from there?

@Tower- Thanks!

@selahpoetic- I use both but these were from the same generic basemesh.

Adrian Smith I believe…but I could be wrong, looks like his style though.

Nice sculpts especially the alien looking one.

Thanks everyone.

Here is a torso study I completed in roughly 2 hours. Let me know what you think.TorsoStudy.jpg

Hi all,

Here is an update on my goblin, I’ve been quite busy these last few months, I haven’t been able to do too much on him, but here is what I have and the Topo.

This next one is a concept I started from zSpheres, I’m not quite sure what the head will be but I’m pretty happy on how the body came out.

ApeSquid.jpg

C&C are welcomed.

Joel

Hi,

It’s been a bit since I’ve been able to touch zBrush, but here I am at it again. I am currently participating in a 30 character November challenge, just to get some practice sculpts out. Here are my first 3 ( I know I’m already behind :P).
treemanComp1.jpg
BPR_Render1.jpg
MushroomMan1Render.jpg

C&C is welcomed and encourage, thanks for browsing!
Cheers

also here is a timelapse of the first sculpt. The second and third one were getting too large had to let the history go.
PS the sculpts took me about 2-4 hours. I’m spending half my time rendering them out since I’m still figuring out zBrush rendering and all its finer points. If anyone has tutorials they could recommend I would greatly appreciate it!

not sure if iam blind but i dont see the video?:stuck_out_tongue:

Haha thanks ducckz! Here is the video

[vv]52757721[/vv]

Moderator’s Note: I embedded the video in the post. You can see how to do so yourself by clicking the BB code link at the bottom of the browser page whenever you’re making a post.

haha no problem :slight_smile:
and thanks for the link
your models actually inspired me to start using zbrush after roaming this site for a few days :slight_smile:
so thank you i actually bought zbrush today because fo you :slight_smile:

ps. You should ask a % of the money for reference :wink:

wow, I’m really glad I could be an inspiration! I hope you have as much fun with zBrush as I do.