ZBrushCentral

Mouse Jeweller's Work Bench

hai fellow zbrush jeweller… love your work its eppic… especaly the rococo style scrolls… :smiley:

Great, you have got the King of ZBrush jewelry liking your work… Way to go… I love Tomas’ work and when he gives you a thumbs up take it with pride…

Mr. T any new work…

do you have to join all the elements of the model in order to print it? if so what method do you use?

Amazing work by the way
Jack

Wow…so inspiring! :+1: :+1:

Yes and no…when the sub tools are exported as an .STL they are separate shells (geometry).then the printers do some software stuff to it which makes all the separateshells into one model which is printed.

the thing I’ve found with STLs is the geometry can be horrible and it still works… so long asit doesn’t have holes in that aren’t covered by another element.

i also had that problem when i was doing my degree in animation, the tutors didnt even know about ZB , these uni’s are suppose to be teaching us the most cutting edge stuff , but they fail miserably.

Hi gents… Well today was spent in my dads shop learningsome real jewellery techniques. I now have a number of rubber moulds from thejewellery silver masters that I used to create some waxes from

Which hopefully I will cast soon… so that’s 1 master at £40ish, infinite copies that cost me almost nothing aside from the time to use thewax injector with only a tiny loss in the detail.

RESULT IMG_2730.jpgIMG_2732.jpg

Amazing work! I love your choice of design! I really want one of those dino rings!

As soon as the shop goes live i will let you guys know. just looking up P&P prices as i have to have each package insured.

heres a little short creation for one of my dads customers. its a pendant based on the mans actual cocatoo. when its printed and cast it will be fairly small. hense why ive enhanced the details a litte.

hope you all like it.

BTW i know ive spelt cocatoo wrong but as zbrush filters some words i just changed it to cocatoo instead of ****atooZBrush Document.jpgZBrush Document2.jpgZBrush Document3.jpg

Awesome work man specially the cocatoo… <3<3<3

Hi all! I working with rapid prototaping system and it`s very cool to see how you computer model become in to real! I hope soon to post my model here!

well its good to see more people getting into the cad side of things… though personaly ive got artists block:angry: / other people demanding my time >_> you know who you are :rage:

as soon as it clears ill post up some more creations. :smiley:

Yeah hate when that happens.
This Human nature of ours makes it so hard to say NO.

Gentlemen and ladies I thank you all for your support in my endeavours. Especially though my absence over the past week or so the reason for which is I have been working on perfecting my more natural creations. Below is an example of such creations. I have taken some influences from art nouveau so I hope you all like the way this is going.

C4th

ZBrush Document copy.jpgUntitled-1.jpg

Fantastic work mate! Great to see some more industrial use of ZB, Ive used it for modelling large equipment and it just keeps getting better for that purpose. As 3D printing improves this will certainly get more popular.
I love your early Art Nouveau style pendant, absolutely gorgeous curves and leaves, youve inspired me to try out some jewellery design myself! Thanks heaps for the vids and explanations, very much appreciated by lots of people!
Looking forward to following this thread, great stuff! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Fantastic please show more !!! :+1:

I wonder if Protowax uses precocious metal clay for you silver versions? I did some hand sculpting with it and it looks the same after it’s fired but before polishing as in your image. It’s pretty hard to work with though and not that cheap. Anyone have any ideas of places similar to Protowax in the states?

Truly beautiful. To repeat what others have said, its amazing to see something used in a completely unexpected way.

Thanks for the support guys. there might be another technical video coming soon :smiley:

@rubyscooby@ that finish on the metal is the left over from the plaster used in casting process. ive used silver clay a few times, its very good if you combine it with press molds … as for a protowax in the states, im sure there are loads, you just need to look them up.

HOWEVER

a while back looking through the interwebs. i found these guys from the states

http://www.exone.com/eng/technology/x1-prometal/index.html

i dont know much about the process but they are a direct metal printers. as in the machine prints in metal (how??? i smell witchcraft). i think they print in precious metals

hope that helps