ZBrushCentral

Motoko Kusanagi WIP III

After a long time I had decided to continue and improve my Motoko Kusanagi head model.
I’ve made some improvements to the face of the Motoko character in ZBrush and I transferred the new shapes to the old model as a morph map in Modo.

The earlier WIPs:
Major Motoko WIP I.
Major Motoko WIP II.
My blog

render_02
I’ve made some refinements to the materials of eyes and brows.
render_01
render_03

WIP hair in Modo:

result_01

26 Likes

Impressive study TRURL
I really like how you’ve captured her asymmetrical features in a subtle but highly realistic way. A fan.

Jaime

3 Likes

Thank you @Jaime.

Incredible works, so real I can touch it :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thank you @Predator2020

When I saw this in the Wall, I thought, “Boy, that looks just like Scarlett Johansson.” Then I clicked on it and saw the title of the thread.

I’d say you’ve nailed it!

1 Like

Thank you @aurick.

Second this :slight_smile: Looks great and likeness is fantastic. It would be awesome to understand how the corrective zbrush sculpt was used in modo through morph map as mentioned.

1 Like

Thank you @Leif_3d.
I made a short tutorial about how to transfer vertex positions to morph map in Modo:
How to transfer the vertex positions to an active layer in Modo

Excellent artwork! :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Thank you so very much for writeup/tutorial. As note, I remember an early zbrush model test that you rendered in modo… inspired me to get into modo and zbrush :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @digitalmind

@Leif_3d: Thank you.
I’m glad to be inspired you to use Zbrush & Modo. :wink:

Update: Peach fuzz
I have made the fur direction with some guides and I have painted fur density and length maps in modo.
More images on my artstation blog: Motoko Kusanagi Portrait WIP - Peach Fuzz

The vellus hair in openGL:

peachfuz01

Test renders:

PNG

peachfuz_render3

Well done @Trurl :muscle:

Jaime

1 Like

Thank you @Jaime

That’s a spot on likeness! I wouldn’t have guessed it wasn’t an official model used in the movie.

1 Like

Thank you for your comment @captkiro .

1 Like

Update:
I have tested some lighting setups and I realized I still need work more on her hairstyle…

PNG
lighting_testrender04
lighting_testrender05

2 Likes

I made more lighting tests.
Progressive renders:
PNG
motoko_render_05_B

2 Likes