ZBrushCentral

Mosley Harmless Sketchbook

Playing around with SSS in Blender Cycles. Sculpt and texture in ZBrush.
sss goatalien.jpg
sss goatalien2.jpg

It’s a little more work than clay sketches, but fun to do.
catlike edit.jpg

Quick dynamesh sketch.
quickheadsketch copy.jpg

Amazing stuff here!
I love the way you sculpt.
A question.
How do you export in blender?
The whole subd mesh? A combination of displ maps and a medium subd mesh?
Normal maps?

All these from a blender / cycles and a zbrush lover. :slight_smile:

Thank you very much michalis. If I’m just doing a clay render of a bust I use dynamesh, no subd and no higher than 1.5 million polys, usually around 800k. If I do a full body I go up to about 4-5 million using subd. Then I use Decimation Master to knock it down to about 200k polys, export the obj and that’s it really.

For the textured ones I use the GoB plugin so I can export the UVs and polypaint texture with the click of a button. I start out with a dynamesh for the main sculpt, then duplicate and ZRemesh + Project all, subdivide, project all, etc…, followed up by UV unwrapping using UV Master. Then I polypaint, and do Texture > new from polypaint . After that Decimation Master with ‘Keep UVs’ checked and send it off to Blender using GoB.

I might try out some workflows with various maps at one point to see what the results are, but I’m still in a fairly early learning stage and the ‘technical’ side of things seems kind of daunting to me. That’s why I only started doing textured renders since I found the GoB plugin.

Zombiehead dynamesh sketch.

zombiehead copy.jpg

Dynamesh sketch. Cycles render.
beard1 copy.jpg
beard2.jpg

Lovely posts - particular favorite the goofy fellow with the little hat.
Yourself , Michalis and Pablander are blazing a trail with work such as this.

Wow, thank you very much! I just looked at your user gallery and website and I really like your style. Anywhere I could stay up to date on your work, like Twitter or something?

Started out as Zbrush dynamesh, ended up as this. For some reason the name Ghost Custard came to mind.
ghost custard comp.jpg
Critiques welcome.

Great sculpt, render and name! Bravo! :smiley:

Cheers, David

Critiques welcome.

Spaceman, searching for home.
ZBrush + Cycles.

searchingforhomerender comp.jpg

Thanks David! I’m really enjoying the process.

Powerful portrait! Bravo! :smiley:

Cheers, David

thebeacon mod copy.jpg

oldman clay mod.jpg

yes! simple, strong statement!

Messing around with fibermesh in ZBrush. Fibermesh > BPR > Convert BPR to geo. Rendered in Cycles.

bushy hair 1.jpg

Nice hair, lady!
hair lady copy 2.jpg

Love all these works! Just a pure joy to look at.