ZBrushCentral

Moooo. A noob's 'sketchbook'

LOL…You sound and react like me in regards to this digital technology…At least I know that i’m not the only one out there who feels that way about it.:smiley:

Try SCULPTRIS Alpha 5…I did, and am loving everything about sculpting again…It’s digital, but the way it should be…smooth, uncomplicated and easy to get good results…Give it a try…i’m sure you will enjoy it, and will also be amazed by it…Simple is always better, just like in real life…:slight_smile:

Thanks for all the positive feedback and encouragement. Sometimes I feel as if Zbrush is like magical fairy land for all the artists and I’m the troll under the bridge. Everyone’s having fun except me. LOL Ok here’s a question, when using the topo tool in zbrush how can I hide the topology on the other side of the object so I’m not getting all confused looking at the mesh I’m building? Thanks again guys. Maybe I’ll have more fun my second time.:confused:

Hi,
as for the retopo:http://www.pixologic.com/docs/index.php/Joseph_Drust#Using_Appended_ZSpheres_to_Retopologize
Keep on.

An auto retopo tool is my next wsh for ZBrush really. It’s the one place where i get stuck, such a drag … :frowning:

still giving it the old college try.

Attachments

chest2.jpg

leg1.jpg

This is what I imagine lives in my basement

Attachments

yuck.jpg

you must not get down there much lol :wink:

i know I’m on the right track when my wife says “that’s disgusting.”… (about my sculpture, not me) … although sometimes it’s about me. …

lol

I find chocolate gifts keep those comment down to a minimum in my relationship. specially at the time of the month. :stuck_out_tongue:

Starting to piece this thing together. I’m sure getting my practice in with subtool management. And my laptop is about to kick it.:lol:

Attachments

newarmor.jpg

that is one serious stiletto’d boot! ouch :eek:

yeeeeeeah… um function follows form? haha the whole thing’s based on a piece of concept art I really like. I’ll post the whole thing up after I get the model closer to completion. Still have so much to do. It seems as if the more I discover about digital sculpting, the less I know. It amazes me that I’ve sculpted so much in zbrush and Maya and I haven’t even scratched the surface. Kinda scary really.

my skills are very mediocre by comparison. you stuff looks great! I love Zbrush, It’s a great package. I also use Carrara for animation and Daz studio 4 advanced for figure setup.

still messing with this. trying to figure out what’s working and what isn’t.

Attachments

new bpr.jpg

Untitled-2 copy.jpg

I feel like maybe I’m finally beginning to understand how some of these brushes work. It’s so overwhelming at times. It amazing how much you can do with 1 brush just by changing the intensity, size, alpha etc etc. Incredible. The real trick is using as many different brushes and options as possible. Its so easy to be lazy and just use the same the one over and over. haha
arm1.jpg

having a little fun in PS. Soon I’m gonna have to man up and pose this thing.
ps.jpg

that hand detail looks stunning :smiley: i wonder what your process was in doing it?

thanks a lot. there was no real trick to sculpting that. I used mask and inflate to get the plates. Then I just used a combo of standard, dam standard, clay tubes, pinch, slash, and snake hook. Over and over. constantly varying the settings. Working additively and subtractively. I used a couple alphas on there as well. Just stuff that came with z. Nothing fancy. In the end it’s just kind of tedious, time consuming work. Also working in cross hatch pattern tends to break up the monotony. Just gotta experiment and get in a groove. Thanks.

butt.jpg
My dad always said it was easy to make ugly things. This thing must be beautiful then cause I don’t think it’s easy. lol
… my cat just laid down on my Wacom so I guess that means it’s time for bed. thanks for stopping in.