ZBrushCentral

Monument to Passchendaele final print

Hi all, Evan has just finished up this one off print of my Monument to Passchendaele sculpt, here are some pics of the final thing and also some more wip shots I haven’t shared. The print is 12" tall and was printed on a Peopoly Moai printer. Evan did all of the printing and finishing for me, and put a lot of passion and love into the project with 150 hours of printing time! Big respect to him and im very happy with the result! - https://www.facebook.com/evanmorganmodel3d - Evans facebook page.

57438173_423811701518643_4798864073326329856_n

21 Likes

It’s so stunning. I loved the digital sculpt but the phisical version is so beautiful I can’t describe :slight_smile:

1 Like

SUPURB

1 Like

wow

1 Like

Thanks Michal - very happy with how they turned out! :smiley:

Thank you mate!

So much emotion can be felt…the choice of angular brush strokes (faces/cloth folds…) mixed with the final polish and paint adds a dramatic effect that capture that particular moment in the battle. Fine, fine work James! :astonished:
Jaime

1 Like

Really cool James! At first I marveled at the quality of render and textures, then I realized those are real pictures :slight_smile: Really like the sculpt and bronze/patina look you added on top.

1 Like

Thanks Jaime! I dont really get a chance to sculpt something this big for myself as often as id like so when i do get the chance I relish it. Evan did such an awesome job on the finish for me, could not have asked for much more :+1:

Haha yep they are the real thing :wink: Thank you for the kind words, Evan takes a lot of credit for the final patina and finish.

This is beautiful James! :smiley:

1 Like

i saw this on your instagram and loved it. I’m now on my computer and can see the sculpt so much better, such an incredible sculpt. Ewan is the man when it comes to resin printing and casting, hes done a great job! thanks a lot for sharing progress shots as well, I always love to see how things are made

1 Like

rad

1 Like

Thanks Mike!! :slight_smile:

Thanks Jon, really glad you liked it and got some insight into the process. Evan was super passionate about the project from the start which really shows I hope.

1 Like

Thanks mate :wink: