ZBrushCentral

Monstermaker,ZBrush,One year

Wow,no words:grimacing: :grimacing: !!!There’s really few imperfections in yuor Frankie…and I’m not so expert to criticize them…so only one thing…5 stars

IN THE WILD LANDS

MattHHH:sunglasses:

Great to have you back MM you’re work on the forum has been greatly missed, great image too, was it 100% ZBrush or did you use any other apps to get the final image???

fantastic work :+1:

this is the best frank i eve seen in here congrats complete inspiration

this work style are INCREIBLE, this is my real influence, thanks¡

:grimacing: :smiley:

:smiley: Wow very nice mr monstermaker… pure genius :+1:

time to grab the pichforks and rally the village people…:lol:

nice stuff MM.

your works always great :+1:

Hi, Rick
Truly inspiring, as allways. The sadness in your Frankenstein´s face is amazing. I felt that, at any moment, is going to rise the eyes and look at me… :o
Nice to see you here again. Are you going back to the work? any movies in the near future? Loocking youur work here and in CINEFEX is the some: amazing.

Good 2006 :smiley:

FelixCat

…revisited ! :+1:
A Thinking monster is always a metaphysic question!
Have new happy year! :slight_smile:
Pilou

![KarloffBoriFrankenstein.jpg|797x1000](upload://dP6Ij5SfNyomZIh2GOWlOG7l3pE.jpeg)

Mostermaker,

You’ve been away far too long. What an stunning piece of work!

We all have loved your experimentation and attitude from day one. It doesn’t matter if your “cover” has been blown…from rough to finished product your work has always been an inspiration.

Keep’em coming my friend. Happy New Year!

Best,

Jim

great return, man :slight_smile: :+1:

The second I saw that in the upper gallery I thought “Cool, Rick Baker came back.” It looks just like Boris Karloff as Frankenstein. The resemblance is uncanny, and the feature details are superb as always. Love your stuff. You should record some of these monster making sessions, and release them as ZB tutorial DVD’s. I doubt anyone would be able to keep them in stock. You have fans. :slight_smile:

Awesome

Gorgeous !
…lovely emotion in that face…

just one little thing…that white patch of light on top of his head…
…it looks like a very big bird…

…well you know what I mean…

…****…I feel like I have commited sacrilage now…:frowning:

Wow thanks everyone for the nice welcome back. I just felt that I had to post something on my one year anniversary of the first time I started messing around with ZBrush. And as I said I thought I had to end 05 with ZB as I started with it.05 will always be the ZBrush year in my memory.
I became so obsessed with it I just about used it daily for nine months. After siggraph and, after it came out who the old monstermaker was I kind of thought that it was time to move on to something else for a while.
I wanted to teach myself more 3D apps since I has so much fun with ZB. I messed around with Modo and Lightwave for a few months and had lots of fun with them too, but there is nothing like ZBrush.
Ok this is already way too wordy.I don’t think I can answer all of the questions individually so I just do a generic answer. This is a ZBrush render,the coat shirt and for that mattrer a whole body was first modeled in Modo. The head started as the same base mesh that I have been using since my old man thread, and there is a bunch of post work in photoshop.
My original plan was to do a scene with the monster in a lab, which I created in modo and LW and I wanted to do something that I could later animate, but since I really don’t know what I am doing that didn’t work out so well. I did render a full figure image in color but it looked like a plastic model kit to me ,which in a way was kind of cool but not what I wanted to post. I also wasn’t happy with the likeness, so this image started as a way to get the likeness better and I wanted to use some of the newer functions that I haven’t yet tried like Zapp link, and Master marker, which by the way Marcus, is really great! I couldn’t get zapp link to work in projection master on my mac but it would work on an image not in edit mode so I positioned the un textured models added the pores and details in 2.5d mode used zapp link to paint it up to a point. In photo shop I did the back ground added the blur adjusted the levels painted some shadows that didn’t exist in the render and using the liquify tool tweaked the model a bit to fix the likeness. Someone asked if I used any photo merging and the answer is only on his bangs. When in Zapp link I cut bangs from a photo and pasted them in the proper place then re painted over them in 2.5d . Boy this turned out way too long and is probably totally confusing. sorry I’ll stop now
mm

hehe. No, not confusing at all. I think you underestimate yourself sometimes mm. Thanks for the response though. It was helpful.

Oh and also, even though I know some forum members said this to you before, you shouldn’t let people “knowing” who you are keep you from posting as much as you used to. It’s always good to see nice things from you or anyone else for that matter…it’s even nice to see things that aren’t so nice, so don’t feel pressured that you have to only post things that look great or close to great.

And just so you know, you’ll always be mm to me :slight_smile:

One thing I forgot to mention in my wordy response is that even though I haven’t been posting much lately I have still been keeping an eye on this forum and wow what a bunch of great work . There is sure a lot of talent here!
I just had to edit myself I started naming names and it got too long ,but the point that I wanted to make is I have been really impressed by the quality of the work here.
Now for a question I am a Mac user and as I said I could not get ZApp link to work in projection master .Any other mac users have that same trouble and are there any fixes. I was really excited by the possibilities of it , and am very disappointed that I can’t use it to it’s full capabilities

Once again an excellant showing Rick. And a belated Happy Birthday:+1: :sunglasses: :+1:

Ron
catfishmn@aol.com

ps. Win user…sorry…no help for the zapplink:(