ZBrushCentral

Moni-Poroni

Oops – you´re right! :slight_smile:
Thank you! I´ll fix that.

Monja! Talk about grabbing the bull by the horns! One of the best decisions you ever made is following those drawing classes! It’ll save you tons of time! And if you’re still waiting for that credit card, there are some things you can do in advance: download a free skeleton obj, that seems reasonably correct in proportions and you can start-with the help of some anatomy books- to lay down/block in the major muscles. Your model sculpts show that you have a good eye for observation, but it must be so hard to sculpt the outside (skin) without properly knowing what’s inside! But it looks good! Keep studying and keep posting the WIP’s, they are a great testimony of your progress :+1: !

Very nice form.

Hey Moni!

Thanks for your commands on the big guy - boog!

Great great start on the female. I wouldn’t care about the original art work or reference. make your own! as long as you get good reference to guide you. But nude class is the best (best best best best - and so forth) way you can choose!

Anyways, I would say that this model flies in mid air and make sure her hair supports this. Make your own art and draw knowlege from the classes you visit - and do visit much and as long as you can!!

I hope you don’t mind my little overpaint.

Best to you
Klaus
:slight_smile:

ps.: I feel the same about the german forum. perhaps some one should take over the german ZBrush world :wink: moni_nude-female_klaus_over.jpg

Wow. Very good work. You are obviously learning loads and it shows :+1:

hey! i think that a lot of people should do this kind of repaint in order to learn faster…
I think that the more you show what you want the more it’s easy to understand!!
nice repaint!!

gtiber:
Thanks again. :slight_smile:

Etcher:
Thank you very much.
Haha, yes I can tell you – sculpting the outside without knowing the inside is really hard. :smiley:
I´ll keep on postig WIP pictures because I´m thankful for every advice and like you said – as testi[color=paleturquoise]moni :smiley: of my progress.
Now I have to get some good books. I think I´ll buy them online because I´ve been in two big book shops and they had NOTHING what I wanted.

neurogenesis:
Thank you very much.:slight_smile:

klausknuth:
Hey, thanks for the cool paintover! :slight_smile:
Actually I wanted her to sit on something but I really love the idea of the mid-air pose, too. I also love the hair-paintover – way cooler than the boring hair I did. :smiley:
I´ll defintely pick up this idea.
DANKE. :+1: I really appreciate it.

Captain-Sensible:
Thank you very much. :slight_smile:

YONA:
I like klausknuth´s paintover, too. :slight_smile:
That´s one of the reasons why I love this community – you get so much help and suggestions. Awesome!
And paintovers are a great help because a picture is worth a thousand words.

…I´ll post an update as soon as possible… :slight_smile:

hey moni.
really nice work!!! you already know, what i think… :slight_smile:

keep it up!!! :slight_smile:

hi monie poroni :slight_smile:

The anatomy has really improved. I also had drawing classes at the start
of my university and it really helped even though i wasnt really good at it:D
Klausknuts paintover should really help the position of the hip looks more
realistic there

As for my (current) 2 months unupdated wip :laughing: i havent been zbrushing in a
long time ive got loads of work to do for uni which is sadly not related
to zbrush. The only thing connecting me and zbrush at the moment is me
checking zbrushcentral way to often :wink:
anyways i hope ill get productive again some time soon :sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:+1: thanks for
the comment and interest anyways

wethand:
Thank you very much. I keep it up – I promise… erm, is it a promise or is it a threat? :smiley:

Disco Stu:
Regarding your thread – hehe I found it! Better make an update. I´ll have an eye on it.
Erm… the same question as above: is it a promise or is it a threat? :cool:
Change of subject :slight_smile: :
I´m familiar with the ZbrushCentral checking syndrom.
I´m doing it even during my working hours – in my break of course.:wink:

Update

Little update of the female stone figure. Haven´t done much because I was pretty busy the last days. I think this is the final version although there are still so much things to do. Especially the hands and feet are :td:
but I want to enter a contest an since this female was just a practise I won´t work on her anymore.
Thanks again klausknuth for the paintover – as you can see, I changed her hairstyle. :slight_smile:

front.jpg

Attachments

back.jpg

Hi Moni, it’s a really nice piece, I like the unrefined look.

…fantastic!!! could you post the material used for the girl??? thx a lot:+1:

maxinkuk:

MRC_O
Regarding the material – I found it here at ZbrushCentral weeks ago. As far as I know it´s not in the ZBC MatCap library and unfortunately I don´t know who made it. Can´t find the thread but I could load it up if you would tell me how I can do that and if this would be ok without knowing the one who created it.

Coming along very well - looking sweet - good job Moni :D:+1:

Hey Moni, the sculpt is gorgeous and the material compliments it beautifully!

Def hit up a link if you come across it please!

Take it easy mate

- FoOD -:
Thank you very much! :slight_smile: I hope you´ll get your print soooon so that you can post some pictures finally.:slight_smile:

petekasim:
Thank you very much, petekasim. :slight_smile:

GOOD NEWS MRC_O + petekasim:

I found the thread with ZBC´s advanced search.
I ALWAYS forget to use it!! :o :slight_smile:

Here you go:
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=56692&highlight=al8

The material I used is “al8” (and I played a little bit with the modifier and render-settings)
Thanks Arran J Lewis for this great materials!

Hi there,
as for the material:looks like one of Arran J.Lewis’ mats
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=056692

Keep going moni!

Hey Moni, just wanted to say great start to your Sketch Book!!! :slight_smile:

Look forward to seeing more stuff! :+1:

Hey Monja! The sculpt came out really fine imho! Quote:"I think this is the final version although there are still so much things to do. Especially the hands and feet are :-1: " I might be tempted to work a little bit more on the hands and feet if it was my sculpt, because they are an excellent starting point for some hands and feet studies. But, that’s me, of course! Here’s what Marsyas said on his Gorgonna sculpt when he finished it:“At some point I think it’s best to move on and just continue to learn on the next piece.” and he’s got a point!

What contest? Me wants to know :slight_smile: !

Lookin’ forward to the next! :+1: ! (And… comforting to know I’m not the only one having weekend troubles :wink: )

jmeyer:
Thank you very much! Yep, that´s exactly where I downloaded it. I found it out while you were writing your post. Funny. :slight_smile:

spimmy:
Thank you very much, spimmy. :slight_smile:
Long time no talk. How are you? Any news on the Zbrush front :slight_smile: ? Are you working on something new?

Etcher:
Hey Etcher, as for the contest --> “creatures and critters”
http://www.cgcoach.com/beta/index.php
All applications allowed.
I´ll use Zbrush only so I think it´s ok if I post the WIP pics here, too (when I finally have some :wink: )
I still need an idea.
Then I have to draw a concept.
And get started.
ASAP. :slight_smile:
I enter just for fun – as amateur… hehe
Oh I can´t wait for the next ZbrushCentral contest.
Hope you´ll participate by the way. :wink:

Regarding my female… hehe, yep --Marsyas hit the nail on the head. :smiley:
Well, there are so many things that I need to learn and things that I want to learn.
Things that I want to try and things that I have to try just to realize that I never want to try them again. grin
Since I´m pretty new to art+3D I haven´t found out what I like best.
Creatures? Humans? 2D paintings? Cartoon charaters? Animals? And whatsoever.
That´s why I have to try everything and it´s the reason why I don´t want to work too long on one project at the moment.
Not a good idea to enter the contest–nevertheless I´ll. :smiley:
I hope I´ll have enough time.

Yesterday I had another drawing class (perspective+landscapes).
This class runs over 8 weeks (only 2 hours per week in the evening).
I´ve signed in for a cartoon drawing class which starts immediately afterwards.
Unfortunatley there´s no anatomy class here.
Only the nude-drawing class. But I really hope that helps, too.

I had forgotten how much I enjoy learning since I left school.
I´m really surprised that this art and 3D stuff became my new favourite hobby.
Meeee and computers??
Who would have guessed that. Certainly not I. :smiley:

Enough small talk. :slight_smile:
I have to start with the concept.
Bye