ZBrushCentral

Monday Night Challenge: Creaturama! (09-06 to 09-30)

Beautiful pumpkinhead! I ove this time of year.

…Burton style :+1:
Pilou

Hey thanks for the comments…I appreciate the feedback. Yup, it’s certainly in the style of Tim Burton…that’s what I was thinking…and I am a huge fan of Nightmare Before Christmas. :wink: I plan to add a skinny stylized body too at some point, and possibly a bit of vine for the stem. I’m definitely inspired a lot by the great work I’ve seen on this forum as well. What a great tool Z-Brush is.

These challenges are fun!

Dan

punkinhead-full.jpg

I’m working on the Punkinhead body now. I built a basic form in MAX and then did some sculpting in Z-Brush, working from low rez and dividing as needed. There’s no projection mapping on this and I still gotta add and modify a bunch of things…better color map, need a bump map, some props and refined lighting. :smiley:

Update: I added some more geometry and modeling to the body. Tried out painting with G-Tiles but I am not sure how I like it yet…DPaint doesn’t seem to like all the tile boundaries.

Jharford,

That’s going to give me nightmares!

I love it. Nice colours and textures.

Apparently a group of schoolgirls was playing at witchcraft again this year. Where are Buffy and Angel when you need them?

ive been practising a lot, i posted some creatures here and this is the final one.
i hope you all like it… i think i see progress in my work.
i posted the image before but thought it would fit in here too.

finalcyclopsa.jpg

He just keeps staring at me! Arrrrghhh!!! :wink: Keep up the good work…I’d smooth out the nostrils a bit…maybe add some finer wrinkles around the eye too but lookin’ good.

Boo !!!
zb_oct.jpg

a wip done while a SPX in Bethesda Md.
dew1.jpg
{gallery entry}
zbartist that vampire is classic
toon!!!

Steven,

dewclaw reminds me of a game action figure. Very nice!

Thanks for the comments on my Boo Toon vampire like character.

Jotajota,

Me encanta tu personaje - sobre todo como lo has encajado en un contexto que revela un lado de su personalidad. Me recuerda a uno de los personajes absurdos que aparecen en los comics de Moebius…

For those non-Spanish speakers:
I love your character - especially how you’ve placed him in a context that reveals a side to his personality. He reminds me of one of those absurd charactes that appear in Moebius’ comics…

this is my fat creature .:smiley:
monter1.JPG

…indeed but remarquable :+1:
Pilou

Hope you like cheers.
Scionti Pasquale[attach=14043]chupa.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

chupa.jpg

:DThis is a creature i have been working on…

Hi, not really an intentional work for this challenge, its actually my first model, but it seems to fit the creature requirement :smiley:

testrendermrsmiles2.jpg

OK, this is what I got after just over an hour. Still having some problems with the texturing but I’m getting the hang of it, looks a bit kitsch to me actually.

All the best,

Nephiliim

alien zspheres.JPG

Attachments

alien 1st polygrouping.JPG

alien 1st sculpt.JPG

alien  final paint.JPG

…necessary to put the interface when nothing special is needing for a tut :rolleyes:
Pilou
Ps You have menu Document / Export :wink: