ZBrushCentral

Monday Night Challenge #9 BUGS!!!!!

Stick a fork in me, I think im done!

[Gallery Entry]

:small_orange_diamond:E

Well, I don’t think I will be able to finish this in time but here is the initial modeling of the zspheres. Its a low poly, starting at around 1700 and ending in just under 8000. I love zifs!
Hopefully I will have a chance to finish but I am excited that I will be able to load it in the new version and work some magnet spheres into it!

This little fella is a Mahtoniese Desert Hopper. It is a grasshopper that has been through hundreds of thousands of years of evolution. Its best defense is mimicing a scorpion…to the tee…for it too has venom and a terrible grip. Due to the extremely high temperatures of what was once canada, the Mahtoniese have developed a metallic exoskeleton of bright white-silver and dark gray markings (not shown) to reflect UV rays. This also generates mild eddies about the insect which aid in keeping it cool during the scorching afternoon heat (180°c to 220°c). The bioluminant patches on its back and claws help to capture weak, errant UV rays that maintain its body temperature during the night (as low as 10°c). The bioluminace is due to the amazing process of extracting energy discharge from the passing of neutrinos through microscopic chemical sacks within these patches. This process greatly enhances the insects ability to tolerate such nightly temperatures. If that isnt amazing enough,this unique ability can be shut off at will.
Measuring in at 15cm in length (23cm with tail) and 7cm tall (13cm with tail), this little bugger is a force to reckon with. Living on a diet of small rodents, walking plants, and adult scorpions, it can go months at a time between meals.
Due to the reprocessing of its own waste (advanced moisture conservation), its venom is a potent by-product of this survival technique.

[img]http://www2.zbrushcentral.com/zbc_uploads/user_image-1043655876tos.jpg[/img]

[gallery entry]

Now you see why I would like to finish him but wont have the time. :frowning:

Hehehehe! Evo, your pic reminds me of something… :+1:

Have you seen much ‘Red Dwarf’? :smiley:

One of the best episodes ever… To anyone who hasnt seen the episode I’m thinking of, it might be best if i dont explain. hehehe.

Nice image here!! Compliments to all !! :slight_smile:
This is my contribution !! :smiley:

[GalleryEntry]

All of these are so cool! But I must say I love the snail by Bonecradle and the cute bee by Mr.Braun. Kudos to all of you! :+1:
One day I will do one of these challanges… One day…
irenicus118

Great Scorpion, MTB

Great Bee, Mr.Braun. (No stinger? Genetically-altered?)

Yes !! :smiley:
I always forget something!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks Jaycephus!
Go read the story on this bugger that I have made for him (but forgot to post last night due to extreme exhaustion).
I think/hope you’ll be suprized.
:wink: :wink: :wink:

Lots of great bugs in this thread… props to all participants! I didn’t have much time so I whipped this up last night.
Hope you like it!
entitled:

“Olive Deconcentrate”

Abstract symbols of military bluechips and probable nanotech decadence.
;~)
All Zbrush1.51(except my logo and jpeg conversion)
Michael

[Gallery Entry]

WOW MIKE!
This is great stuff!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Gracias MTB!
;~)

Probably is too late to post but here still is monday night, so here is my entry.

A really apreciated meal in some parts of the world…but not by me. :smiley:

Hope you like.

Cheers
Corgan

There are a lot of really fantastic entries in this thread :+1: :+1: :+1: I started modelling an earwig but got disinterested about half way through :roll_eyes:

Fantastic piece Michael. Looks like it’s the ‘worm’ that just hit the internet this last weekend and really slowed things down. There they are multiplying in the server, spreading through the system!! :+1:

The gallery has been updated…

Thanks to the initiators and participants of this challenge :slight_smile:
-Pixolator