ZBrushCentral

Monday Night Challenge 5 Z-flowers and glass

Well, I did make a start on this one, but it was quickly obvious that it was going to take more time than I could spare at present, so I’m a no-show I’m afraid. (Got me a half-decent vase pretty quickly, but modelling the flowers was another story altogether.)

But just wanted to post to say what a great set of images this has produced. Irrespective of the claims of difficulties many of you have claimed to experience, it doesn’t show in the results. Excellent stuff.

That is super WO.

Well I had several ideas, per usual. Nothing worked. But Pusghetti’s flowers are really fun to do.

The boat sucks I know.

[Gallery Entry]

I love this challenge so much that I just couldn’t resist doing another one. The image just popped into my head and I simply had to do it!! The roses have just a hint of transparency. They were created from a rose that I drew for an alpha, then made 3D and used as a tool.

Called: Opaque Glass Roses

[gallery entry]

:small_orange_diamond: :small_orange_diamond: :small_orange_diamond: :small_orange_diamond: :small_orange_diamond:

<font color="#949494" size=“1”> November 23, 2002 Message edited by: Northstarr </font>

these images are just awesome… im just sorry that i couldnt get in this one… to much things to do lately…

excuse this - its is just my will to participate but no time to do so properly sigh

great images everybody :+1:

[gallery entry]

Yes, I agree, great job Slosh. Perfect modelling and texturing, excellent work. :slight_smile: :+1:

This has been some interesting challenge :wink: despite the carbon elements. :smiley:
Wonderful results guys. :sunglasses:

Another challenge I nearly missed, or did I?

R.Wilco’s last resting place:

After a very short ceremony, what had been found of R.Wilco was laid to rest beneath the Alturian soil. That consisted of an Astrosuit, reeking of sweat and cheap aftershave, a Laser pistol ( where someone had obviously gnawed at the hilt ), a half eaten Mighty Bar and a standard issue Helmet.

Meanwhile, 1/4 light year away, Roger Wilco is on double duty mopping the kitchen floors, having just tried to explain why he returned back to base in his birthday suit.

(Anyone remember Space Quest?)

[GalleryEntry]

Helmet is made with Zspheres(Uniform skinning), Visor is a standard Box resized and deformed, Rocks are Sphere3Ds with texture Reflect4 applied as an alpha and inflated repeatedly, the pebbles were applied with spraystroke, Plane3D for the ground with additional details applied using the DepthBrush, the flowers were created using PusGhetty’s method (thanks :+1: ), the sky is standard FlatColor material and lots of SprayStroke, Blurbrush and ColoriserBrush, for the (not-so-very-clear) transparency I used the CloneBrush to copy RGB info onto the Visor layer, Transparency was set to 100% although I did not render with transparency on ( it still has an effect on how the material looks).

Sorry for the quick and dirty info, I’m running out of time and laptop battery. Oh and ignore the fact that it is physically impossible to raise the visor :smiley:

Edit: Forgot to add that I really enjoyed looking at all the entries this week. Lots of great images and , hey, flowers turned out to be a pretty cool MNC subject DeeVee :smiley: :+1:

<font color="#949494" size=“1”> November 25, 2002 Message edited by: TVeyes </font>

Wilco died??? NOOooo ~G~ I loved Space Quest.

Great image.

Everyone did a super job this week.

Here’s my final piece.
This was a good challenge. I made this piece in the same way that I did the previous one!
Only more elaborate and a much bigger size!

WO- that is an excellent piece, from the idea to the execution very well done in all aspects!

Dlee, I’m glad you liked my flowers, you made them look like roses! Great imagery and I like the ship!

Northstar,
Thanks for the comments, Great second piece! Love the purple glass! And cool flowers too!

Nemo,
Cool work, strange but cool… I like it!

TVeyes,
Your image really blows me away! great work! I love the glass and the story! The whole presentation rocks… You are welcome, I’m glad you liked my flowers!

Best regards,
Michael Anthony Melnik
Title= “Flowers and Glass”

[GalleryEntry]

<font color="#949494" size=“1”> November 25, 2002 Message edited by: PusGhetty </font>

Pusghetti, that is so beautiful. Your flowers are perfect. Thanks again for the scripts.

@Michael

Thanks - it is strange indeed i guess :wink:

But your piece for sure is great stuff - i love what you achieved with props and the flowers … wowza.

Keep em coming :+1:

The gallery has been updated…

Thanks goes to the initiators and participants of this challenge :slight_smile:
-Pixolator