ZBrushCentral

Monday Night Challenge 5 Z-flowers and glass

Ok, well here is a very quick Zscript. I am not great at making them so I apologize for the repeated renders. It seems that glass doesn’t show transparency properly if the underlying layer is blank. So I drew in some coloured balls to show the transparency better.
Hope it is helpful. The trick is to play with the specular and the ambient until you get the effect you are looking for.

I feel honoured to be able to post this. :slight_smile:

glassvase7.txt

Excellet Northstar. Thank you! Much better way than the clone I was trying to use.

Thanks again.

very nice images so far everyone…Northstar…I waited all day for your script to be posted…just ran it and it ran beautifully and turned out wonderful…going to run it a few more times…thank you so much for sharing with us…it is deeply appreciated by myself for sure…will work great for the idea I sketched out today…keep up the great work everyone!!!

Thanks for the script! as we say down here it takes two hands to clap :ex: I will try it later tonight when I get home. The method I presently use was given to me by EZ and so far has served me very well :ex:
DeeVee,
Joe.

Beautiful work Northstarr - if this is what you can achieve modelling when you “don’t do it so well”, you’re going to be downright intimidating when you’ve got the hang of it!!! :smiley: The glass on that central vase is outstanding. :+1: :+1: :+1:

And thank you for the script. Haven’t had time to run it yet, but I look forward to doing so tomorrow.

Flowers N Glass 1

[GalleryEntry]

curtains- S kinda shaped alpha 3d skinned

candle holders- sweep profile too

center vase-sweep profile tool

water- cone deformed

stalks-cylinder tool

flowers- snakehook brush

floor-3d plane fiber brush and splatter brush and alphas

candle flame- deformed cone

light around flame- new highlighter with alpha

Edit…went back and added more of the stem under the liquid in the vase…thnx Northstar for the script earlier…I was 3/4 thru with this, but was still able to impliment a little bit onto the candlesticks

<font color="#949494" size=“1”> November 20, 2002 Message edited by: Ron Harris </font>

Looks good Ron! A very elegant setting with classic glass pieces. I like it very much!
Mak

Nice work Ron. I like it a lot :+1: :slight_smile: :+1: :+1: :+1:

WOW Ron! This could be my favorite piece of yours yet…very well done, especially the flames on the candle. And Northstarr’s glass candlesticks are too too good.

No respect intended toward DeeVee, but I hope nobody ever picks flowers for a challenge again…this was so hard!!! First of all, I am not into flowers, so I could not for the life of me think of how to arrange them or even what they look like. I went web surfing to find some arrangements for inspiration. Well, here is probably my LAST flower pic ever… :wink: :smiley: …Brian

[Gallery Image]

Ron you done good… super good. ~tosses the candle one she had away cause it doesn’t measure up~G~ The glass is perfect to.

SLOSH!! Those roses are beautiful! The whole picture is card perfect. You should be very proud of this. Even if you don’t like flowers you did an awesome job.

My entry…this was an awesome challenge joe!
Slosh, Ron, DeeVee…Everyone!..Great Images!

[GalleryEntry]

Nice roses entries on this page !!!

For those who want to see closer real roses, see my rose garden web site

and particularly, click on links below on this page , or see this other one

The latter is made with Xara X ; But certainly I will use ZBrush also in some cases after I will have learn it more in depth in December.

Kindly,
ivan

Oh, this is beautiful Slosh!! I love roses but didn’t want to take the chance of messing them up so didn’t even try them. Your little hanging oil candle & holder is lovely too!

And MB, I also love your rose! It too is very beautiful especially the red rose against the snow. (I hope it’s snow!)

<font color="#949494" size=“1”> November 21, 2002 Message edited by: Northstarr </font>

Very good images here! Love the roses, and everyones glass objects are turning out great! Here’s mine. Tried to get a antique glass feel to it, bit it didn’t turn out quite like I had wanted. Also, wanted this on a window with light coming through. Couldn’t figure out the lighting. So here you go. Hope you enjoy!
:smiley:

[GalleryEntry]

<font color="#949494" size=“1”> November 21, 2002 Message edited by: DMerchen </font>

Quick bit of 2D.

[GalleryEntry]
Cool images everyone!
Great effect on the glass Ron, Northstarr.
Excellent roses Slosh, Mahlikus, very nicely done.

Mik

<font color="#949494" size=“1”> November 21, 2002 Message edited by: Mik </font>

Great images all! I am pleased as punch that you were all challenged. We have a few classical pieces in this bunch, and more to come I am sure.
DeeVee,
Joe.

Here’s my Zsketch…
Just testing the water…

Pretty cool challenge Joe and great job on that water and sky in that one and those flowers in all those images.
Mik, great technique and very cool imagery… That reflection appearing is pretty cool! I like the painted one too!
Northstar, Great job on that glass and the modeling is very nice.
The Namek, I like it… has a primal look! Very cool!
Ron Harris, Great job… I really like the dark mysterious lighting!
Slosh, I agree with you flowers just aren’t my thing either! Great painted look… Beautiful… Excellent glass!
MTB, Beautiful man, just beautiful!!!
DMerchen, That is a fantastic rustic image… Great lighting modeling and textures… Very well composed too!
Whew,
I also recorded my sessions making the flowers(carnation, aster, and daisies). Here are the Zscripts… Enjoy and let me know if you like!

Pus_flowers_tutorials.ZIP

Oh, and here’s my glass and flowerpetal materials that I used in this image!
I thought some people might find them useful!
Final piece on monday again. ;~)
Best regards,
Michael

Pus_flowers_materials.ZIP

<font color="#949494" size=“1”> November 21, 2002 Message edited by: PusGhetty </font>

Pusghetti, you know what I hated about your script? ~G~ I looked at them right before I went to bed and wanted to stay up to try out the tricks. So nice. One of those things where I slap my forhead and wonder why the heck I didn’t think of that. Thank you!

DMerchant, I think you captured the antique painting type look. Nice setting.

Mik, I like that. Makes me think of the flower a child brings to momma. ~G~

PG - thanks for the script and materials. Very nice of you to share. Your flowers are very pretty and the carnations in particular look so real. And of course I love the glass vase, elaborate and different in design. Cool!!

:cool:

Finally got one done before the deadline. :rolleyes:

I started by placing a plane on one player at a 60 degree angle on the X-axis. I then colored it in with the spray-brush stroke. Then I drew grass on top of it with the fiber-brush using the grass texture available in the Texture pallette.

The “trumpet-like” part of the daffodils was created using a sweep profile and then I pushed and pulled at the top edge with radial symmetry as well as adding some detail with the draw pointer. The petals were made from a gear3d tool and the things inside the flower were made from a sweep profile as well. I then multi-marked them and then made a polymesh out of a single daffodil flower which I then placed in the scene.

The leafy parts were made with a flattened sphere tapered on both ends and the stems were made from an adaptive skinned ZSphere.

For the glass part of the magnifying glass I placed it on the canvas and pressed 3Dcopy and then enlarged the object in the transform pallette to give it that “magnified” look. The bee was made from a unified skinned ZSphere and hand was made from a unified skinned ZSphere, as well.

I used an overhead sunlight with a shadow aperature of 180 as well as a shadowless overhead sunlight and a greenish sunlight comming from the bottom to simulate light reflecting off the grass.

[GalleryEntry]