ZBrushCentral

Model sometimes gets stuck during work and lags. Need to exit Edit mode to fix

I don’t know why this is happening but it’s been like this with the 2022 version for me. I’ll be editing or moving around the model in viewport, and it would get stuck and nothing would work. I’d have to exit Edit mode and reenter it for the bug to go away. It’s not crashing anything and I can exit Edit mode right away. But when I go back into Edit mode it’ll be like slightly stuck on the transform for a bit, and I’d have to reset it by hitting ctrl or alt or whatever I was doing. And if it happens during sculpting, it normally is stuck on viewport transform for a second as well but say if I had move brush on, part of my model would be stretched out to where my pen would have been going when it was stuck.

Again this isn’t like an end of the world crash worthy issue I’m having, and I don’t know if it’s maybe my pen (the pen guard fell off and the two of the rubber bands under the button are snapped) or something else. But it’s just really annoying that in the middle of working I have to reset it. And this happens pretty consistently, at least once every two days during work.

Anyways hope someone can help me figure this out. I don’t think it’s hardware in my PC, but I’m running 3900x, 64gb ram, rtx3080 and Zbrush is on an SSD but my files are running off an internal HDD.

Hello @keejin ,

This sounds like a local issue you’d need to contact ZBrush Support for help troubleshooting. Other users in the community forums probably can’t help you with system specific technical issues, and technical support isn’t provided over the public forums. In order to troubleshoot it though the issue has to be such that you can tell if it isn’t happening. This would be difficult for a problem that only occurs every couple days.

However, for a basic troubleshooting process:

1. If the issue is only happening with a specific file then it is probably related to the content in that file (file size/ extreme polycount/ mesh stability issues/ drastically oversize or offset mesh/ a setting active in the file or session). If it happens with any file then it is a general issue on your system.

2. Unplug any tablets. If the problem doesn’t happen with a traditional mouse then it is very likely to be related to your tablet device.

3. What else is happening on your machine at the time of the events? The next time it happens open Task Manager or Activity monitor. Is anything else running? Antivirus kicking in with a scan or update? System updates? Streaming media? ZBrush is a demanding application and anything that competes with it for system resources may impact performance.

I’m going to close this thread so that it isn’t mistaken as a Support conversation and that there is no further expectation of assistance here. I don’t want you to feel you’re being ignored.

Thank you!