ZBrushCentral

Migrating from ZBrushCoreMini to ZBrushCore - Polygon mesh question

Howdy all,

I´m pretty new to the ZBrush world and I´m having a blast with the Software and its capabilities.

As I started on ZBrushCoreMini, I noticed that it automatically creates a more “refined” polygon mesh in the area sculpted with the standard brush for example. It´s like you have 3 different mesh “densities” in the model (see image below).

Polygon

Yesterday I decided to upgrade to ZBrushCore and I now noticed that it doesn´t automatically refine the polygon mesh like ZBrushCoreMini does. Is there a way to have ZBrushCore behaving in the same way? I managed to use DynaMesh and use a higher SubD level but they both changes the polygon mesh count of the entire model. I´m pretty sure that that´s how it is supposed to behave but I guess I got used to the more dynamic way ZBrushCoreMini handles the polygon mesh density “on the fly”.

Any input on this matter is highly appreciated.

Cheers!

Ricky.

Found the answer myself and posting in case someone stumble across the same question: you have to activate the Sculptris Pro Mode.

Cheers.

Ricky.

Hi Ricky,

Welcome to ZBC! :smiley:

Yes, that’s right - in ZBrushCore you have the option to have Sculptris Pro on or off. Hope you enjoy ZBrushCore!

Marcus

1 Like

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the warm welcome, that´s really a nice community you guys have here.

As I´m still getting my bearings on the transition, I have another quick question regarding the standard brush behavior:

How can I make it add volume by simply clicking the LMB? Right now I have to click and hold LMB and drag the mouse a bit in order to add volume to the model.

e.g. If I want to create a roundish bump in ZBrushCoreMini, I can just repeatedly click the LMB at the same spot and it will add “material” continuously.

Regards,

Ricky.

Hi Ricky,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

At the moment you can’t just click the LMB to add volume in ZBrushCore or ZBrush. You have to actually move the mouse. What you can do though is to hit the ‘1’ key on the keyboard after making the stroke. This will repeat the last stroke and you can quickly build up volume that way.

I don’t have any information over whether the Mini feature will be added to Core or ZBrush. I would hope so - it’s clearly useful.

Regards,
Marcus

1 Like

Hey Marcus, no worries! Thanks for following-up and the tip provided, it is a really good alternative to the single click feature.

P.S. The more I fiddle with ZBrsuhCore, the more I love it. It´s truly amazing how smooth and responsive to brush inputs the software is.

Cheers and happy sculpting!

Ricky.

1 Like