ZBrushCentral

Mesh skewing on rotatation

Hi

This is a follow-on thread to this one.

Even with the Focal Shift set to -100, I’ve noticed the texture on my mesh/hair cards skew whenever it’s rotated around.

Both my PC and laptop are using 2023.2.2. I’ve tried checking the Mesh Integrity and fixing the mesh, but no issues found and it still happens. I’ve checked the UVs, which are all fine and correct. I was wondering if it’s because, in the example GIF, it was due to chopping the tops of the hair cards and deleting hidden, but I tested that with a single hair card and there were no issue.

I’ve exported the mesh out for others to test. Looking at it in Maya, it looks skewed even when it hasn’t been rotated, but perfectly fine in ZBrush. o_O So I imagine I’ve squashed and pushed/pulled it too much, so I’ll be re-doing this clump again. I even tried importing it into a new scene inside ZBrush and the same thing happens. Tested it with both Transparency on and off. Same result. I figured it might be the compression used for the texture, but with both a 2K and 4K map, the same thing happens. I have used JPEG though, but I can’t imagine that’s the reason, surely…?

With a new hair card, I’ll try replicating the issue. It might be just a one off.

hair clump.zip (3.7 MB)

Yeah, so the issue happens every time when a bigger clump is made of multiple hair cards or the same one duplicated and combined together. And then with some manipulation using the Bend modifier.

Please contact Support for any technical issues with your ZBrush installation. We would need to examine the mesh you are using to tell you anything.

From the animation, I can’t be completely certain whether the actual geometry is deforming or just the texture display. Disable the texture to be certain. If the actual geometry is deforming, be sure to check:

1. All Masking is cleared.

2. The tool is at an acceptable world size in ZBrush . Drastically oversized meshes may experience issues. Use Tool> Deformation> Unify to return the mesh to optimal ZBrush size.

3. The active Transpose brush is actually the Transpose brush and not something like Transpose Cloth.

Note: You mention at several points that you are making changes to the topology of the active subtool, either by deleting sections or merging geometry into the tool. Please remember any operation that alters the topology of the active subtool or mesh will negatively affect UVs. UVs are tied to the topology of the mesh. If you add or remove geometry it may break them.

Thank you!

1 Like