ZBrushCentral

Mesh has deformation shape layers

I opened a model form light box so i could take the arms and add them to my model. When i try to edit them with a brush a message pops up and says ’ mesh has deformtion (shape) layers. Turn of Zadd/Zsub or activate layer rec mode’. When i try to activate the rec mode on the layer it doesnt work. It turns up for as long as i hold it with the mouse and then returns to the other situation with the eye and the ball. What is the solution to that?

so i divided the mesh and was able to create a layer with rec mode on, but the subdivision didnt work as usual making the model look harsh. why i this happening?

Hello @anna2

Let me try to answer your first question, and see if it doesn’t take care of the second. Layers can only be edited on the subdivision level on which they were created. You would have to switch to that subdivision level (probably the highest), to switch on Recording mode. You can, however, delete or bake the layers from any subdivision level.

If that doesn’t also take care of your second question, we’d need to see a picture.

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face: