ZBrushCentral

Mei, HMC 15 expressions

One of the best 3D toons from a 2D toon I’ve seen yet. Love it, wonderful work. Never pass up an opportunity to model a character with ‘wingies’!!! :wink:

We LOVE TOONS around here!! :wink:

Eonsuu: Thanks, mine too :slight_smile: There can never be enough monsters, I’m just taking a little bit of break from them :slight_smile:

Moni-Poroni/alphagsv/sleepfight/Train22: Thanks for the nice comments guys

Totyo: I will, thank you!

vladiseco: Thanks, pretty simple shaders done in max/MR.

sgrell: Not sure if this is manga. More like Ghibli style. glad you like it :slight_smile:

Disco Stu: Thanks!

mLink: Probably my favorite as well, I just feel like maybe I should open one of her eyes a little :slight_smile:

Slosh: Thanks! Yes, it’s a lot of fun, especially if you like the original source material.

love it! big ghibli fan here.
i’m not too sure about the “in love” pose, just a slight tweak could make it better.
really nice rendering too.
can’t tell you how many years i’ve dreamt of a live action or cg nausicaa (manga based) and how many of those models i’ve already made myself.
anyway great job.

Absolutely LOVE this!

The only thing I can think of is PLEASE put a proper shaders on them!

:smiley:

Do a full mental ray render, that model is soo sweet! SSS Shader FTW.

It looks like you sculpted her head with the mouth shut, and I see no indication of a mouth interior, but the find renders show a mouth interior. Did you add the mouth bag later in in the process? I’m curious what your process was for this.

Aww, that’s GOOD!! :grimacing:

I love that movie. Not much happens in the story, but it’s so human and touching.

You should do Totoro too!

:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Loved this one. Congrats on top row. The expressions are so cute :+1:

Marvelous, you must have the patience of a saint to go through all those…:smiley:

Congratz on Top Row! Awesome work - adding my 5 stars to the pile! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: !

this will be one of my favorite model right now and future :smiley:

ahahahahaha ,great work!! really beautiful!

Alex Oliver

Oh man this is so great! amazing! this contest is sure giving us some great stuff to drool at around here… congratz on the very deserved top row!

cheers!

Wow! You get top row with your first post! Congrats. Absolutely love this! :smiley:

hey very nice pal …love the cuteness and all the expressions …:+1:

Very nice work! I love it! :slight_smile: Renders are cool as well!

OGD!!! This is AWESOME!
Man you got to finish her and do Totoro as well!
This is my favorite Miyazaki film by far, in fact I almost named my middle daughter Mei.
Really incredible… I so want to see this animated now.
Hats off you just nailed it!
Cheers
Cesar Dacol Jr.
Aka, The Voodoo Monkey

adorable and so well made!
I love that anime and hopefully I’ll get this good one day too.

awesome work

5 stars…

heheh… congrats on the toprow. very well deserved.
i know i already told you a couple of times how much i like what you done here… but what the heck, one more time wouldn’t hurt.

really really good job.

-r

this is trully AMAZING !! congratz for the well deserved top row :slight_smile:

I’d be interested to know a bit more about how did you setup/do the different facial expressions. Did you use some kind of facial setup, or is it just pure modeled morph target? (sorry if this has been already answered, I didn’t see it)

once again, AWESOME JOB :slight_smile: