ZBrushCentral

Mech Model

Here is a mech model inspired by the concept art of Billy Numez. Modelling, texturing and rendering all done in Zbrush

3 Likes

Welcome back. Great job. Are you going to pose it as well? Was it all ZModeler?

Nice mech! My favorite part is painting them and grunge-ing them all up after modeling.

Thanks, I didn’t pose this model since it was a bit too high poly and my technique needs to get a bit better at keeping things low poly to be able to pose, so I will definitely be doing that on the next character type model I make. And yes, it was mostly all zmodeler that I used.

Yes, I used materials from zbrush to texture it, I’m working on using Zbrush exclusively for everything, which I know is a no-no, but I want to show people that it is capable and that I might be able to do full environment scenes if I can keep the poly count low enough. Been working on some techniques to achieve that.

It’s not a no-no! :grinning: There are pieces of staggering quality, hard surface and otherwise, posted all the time on ZBC that were created entirely within Zbrush!

Awesome!! I just did a quick test on a sphere model and i can easily keep my high poly sculpt details and spotlight texturing by decimating the model. Didn’t think it would hold all the details, but using this technique I’m working on a bigger environment scene next. I’m curious to see how many assets I can fit in to it!!