ZBrushCentral

Maxon Zbrush Goz Can't Install to Cinema 4d (insufficient permissions)

Trying to force reinstall GOZ to cinema 4d but the program is telling me it has insufficient permissions to install to the cinema 4d installation folder, run as administrator.

So I run as Admin, same error. Make my entire c4d install folder write-able in file explorer, doesn’t work.

How do I solve this?

Second issue:
The reason I was trying to do this in the first place is that when I export goz to cinema everything is flipped on the z axis. Online forums pointed me to the Goz info file, yet editing the true false values on xyz had no impact whatsoever.

I need to work with Character creator 3, Z brush, and Cinema. Now goz for CC3 is no longer working at all and install is giving me the same issue.
Any suggestions?

Update: CC3 goz is working again.

I would use the GoZ Installer that is in Cinema4D. In Cinema try going to Extensions>GoZ>GoZ Install.

Now try sending something from ZBrush to Cinema. Does that work?

I have the same issue. It seems as if the GOZ plugin has just disappeared entirely. I followed the manual installation guide and it doesn’t exist in my Pixologic user folder. Likewise its disappeared from my C4D folder, so there’s no way to install.

To be clear, the version of GoZ that installs with ZBrush 2022.0.5 only supports C4D up to version R17, and is not expected to work with the current version of C4D.

This is where it gets really confusing :slight_smile:

A version of GoZ that supports later versions of C4D was developed and supported by Maxon, not by the then independent ZBrush team. You will need to install the Maxon version of GoZ for C4D for those versions according to their instructions, and contact Maxon support for problems with its use.

Now that the ZBrush studio is also a part of the Maxon team we are working to improve this situation. However, until we can do that the expertise with the current GoZ for C4D plugin still belongs to Maxon support.

For technical issues with ZBrush, or issues with GoZ and C4D up to version R17, please contact ZBrush Support.

The workaround was doing a search for GOZ in File Explorer to find the installer, which was in the Maxon ZBrush 2022/ Troubleshoot folder . The force reinstall button in ZBrush failed to find the path to the GOZ installer.

Once GOZ was installed properly within Zbrush, the GOZ install in C4D worked without issues.