ZBrushCentral

Matthew Johnson Sketchbook/demo reel wip

okay done with the texturing. i’m open for critiques.

comp_pan.jpg

croc.jpg

still working on the sculpt

This is great, beautiful textures and nice sculpts! Just started myself on the dinos, you got any tips for doing textures?

Btw I work for an indie game-company who’s making a dino-shooter, if you are interested in joining just let me know(no pay). If dinos are a passion I’m sure it could be fun.

speed sculpt 145 mins

1.jpg

hummel1dane<script type=“text/javascript”> vbmenu_register(“postmenu_885443”, true); </script>- Thanks, poly pant with layers, and use cavity masks. blend and adjust the opacity of your layers in zbrush.

Did this in 60 mins now that they’re right next to each other,
I see that there are a lot of stuff wrong with it. I think i did an okay job for a speedy. Getting faster!
I don’t think i’m going to go back and fix it because, I’m trying to do at least one speed sculpt a week,
and trying to get better at the first pass of my work as well as getting faster.

Taking a torso study class at Vitruvian. 8 weeks one sculpt, this is the first 3 hours(1st class) from a live model.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=228154
<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

Started this a while ago, I re-did the whole body recently. Gonna try to get this one sculpted and textured in the next few days.

WIP

updated on the torso sculpt (link below)
and on the demon, i’m not going to post the demon for a few months still working on that one.

45.jpg

done with sculpting for now.
-on to texturing
-open for feed back

w.jpg
r.jpg
q.jpg
e.jpg

Wicked awesome!
Detailing is just wonderful!

cool rendering and great sculpting. loves the light n shadows.

where are its feathers? T-rex has feathers, lets see some.

very good! congrats…
:+1:

There is such sense of strength to this sculpt with the way you have made the legs so strong evident through the anderlying anatomy. I think its great how you can see the musculature and the rib cage effecting the outer form. I also very much like what you have done with the thick strong scaled area at the back of the neck. I very much look forward to seeing this textured as so far this is looking fantastic.

Arran

Sorry it took so long to reply.

Arran J Lewis -Thanks for the kind words. nice medical art work!
arthurduque - Thanks for the support. I love your turtle, and thunder cat models nice job!
askue - When I think of T-Rex; I like to think of them with out feathers
GX@W - Thanks, I made a custom light in ZBrush, and did a few pass for a comp. Still a big newbie when it come to that stuff.
Mahlikus The Black - Thanks, I look up work art work. I saw that you had made some of the ZBrush default artwork. (z sketches) nice work! I felt cool that you post on my work. I was doing air kicks and ninja punches in the air, I so was happy.

still workn on this one
asnface.jpg

Very cool man! Love the T-Rex.

RageNrock - Thanks man!

<object style=“width: 640px; height: 390px;”>

</param<></param"></object></p>

put in a few hours on this, need to do the hair and not sure if i’m going to stay with the lower body. WIP
mer.jpg