ZBrushCentral

Matcap repository

Not crashing on mine, they look good.

Erklaerbar - Is there any chance of a mini tutorial as to how you go about making these materials?

Thank you Erklaerbar! What a great idea it was to start this thread and share your creations with us all! I am still green at this task and you (all) are certainly giving us out there a good head start.

Very much appreciated :wink: !!!

Aloha,

iImagine vbmenu_register(ā€œpostmenu_377729ā€, true); , sorry to hear you got problems. To be honest im clueless about a possible cause. However have you tried redownloading? A DL issue is the only thing that comes to my mind :confused: Otherwise pls try to describe your problem in the troubleshooting section, maybe aurick has a better idea about that issue.

As for a tutorial, ill see if i find some time, but it cld take a while

Hereā€™s my tweaked version of the wax shader, that works nicely with textured models

http://archive.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/attachment.php?attachmentid=64019

headbase

Attachments

headbase.jpg

Much appreciated Sebcesoir!!! :+1:

Erklaerbar,

Another intelligent, well thought out set of materials proving the quality of your first group was no accident. You really understand this stuff and I hope you will find time soon to post a tutorial of the process you go through to develop MatCap materials.

Thanks for sharing! I use your materials on a regular basis.

Sven

Exellent!!! this thread should be a sticky! :slight_smile:

how can i get/use an enviroment map with matcaps?!?!?! on some matcaps (billiard ball, chrome) are some textures, how does this work?

I think they just painted the material probā€¦

Hereā€™s a more convincing skinmatā€¦
I think I start to undertsand matcapā€¦

sebcesoir%20skin%2002
Sebcesoir skinmat 02.zip (82.3 KB)

Attachments

sebcesoir skin 02.jpg

Sebcesoir skinmat 02.zip (82.3 KB)

:+1: thnx Sebā€¦love itā€¦:+1: Just tried it out on a model I have worked on this eveningā€¦

Ronjuly232007maleHead1bCdSebsSkinWax2.jpg

Thanks to Erklaerbar for this Thread. Here`s my small tutorial for creating Matcaps with custom-made A-B -Materials

Nice for creating Materials with a reflection map and a different shading for cavitiy areas.

Keep in mind that MatCap will capture basic material properties such as diffuse color and specularity. It wonā€™t handle complex properties like transparency or procedural coloring effects.

1. Open ZBrush and create the first sphere. 2. Apply your desired material to that sphere. Any Material is fine, even "normal" materials... which can have a reflection map. 3. Tweak that material as you like 4. Render the sphere inside a square document. 1024x1024 is good for most purposes. 5. Scale the sphere so that it is very slightly larger than the render. (So that it just barely goes outside the render frame.) 6. Render the image and export it as a PSD. This is the sphere we use as A-Material. 7. Repeat step 1 to 6 for the second sphere. This sphere can look totally different, darker, duller... anything. We will use this sphere as the B-Material. 8. Open the 2 spheres in Photoshop. The sphere documents should be square. 9. Create another document which is double the width of a sphere. (Sphere = 1024x1024px, Blank document = 2048x1024px) 10. Place the first sphere (A-Material) into the blank document. Put the image on the left side! (A-Material = Left Side) 11. Place the second sphere (B-Material) into the blank document. Put the image on the right side! (B-Material = Right Side) 12. Flatten the image and save as .psd (Verify the Sphere-Position with my Picture) 13. In ZBrush, load the image into the texture palette. 14. Select one of the MatCap materials and open its modifiers. 15. You'll see a small texture patch that shows the current MatCap source texture. Click that and select the new image that you just imported. 16. This time, there a two small spheres, exactly like the photoshop file. 17. Now you can tweak the cavity, intensity and depth settings of your new material. 18. Apply the Material on a Tool and enjoy!

Happy ZBrushing!

chem!Material-Position.jpg

Fantastic stuff! Very much appreciated

nice addition, chemkidā€¦thank you! :slight_smile:

WailingMonkey

cool thx a lot.

hi,

3 materials as basetexture for polypainting zombies or other monsters.

have fun!

chem!

download here: http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/-1099814673/serious_damage_03.zip

sorry for this stupid linkā€¦ but i was in a little hurryā€¦serious_damage_01.jpgserious_damage_02.jpgserious_damage_03.jpg

Click my link here to get my 7 new matcaps I created.
http://www.sharecg.com/v/10370/material-and-shader/ZBrush-3-MatCapsmatcapicon.jpg

Bump! :smiley:

Good post, needs to be kept active :+1:

this needs to be a sticky. iā€™m always searching for it trying to remember what itā€™s called.

Sticky, sticky, sticky!