ZBrushCentral

Margaret

Hey all! Time for my once a decade post to the ZBrush forums. Actually this one was from 2018, and I’m only just now getting around to posting it. Stupid Netflix.

Anyways, I’ve started to really use Polypaint, and am loving it. Here I simply did a basic sculpt of a head, smiled to myself when I realized I didn’t have to UV it, then switched to ClayBuildup with both MRGB and a low ZAdd value to build up both color and form at the same time. Much of the lighting is painted in, but some of it is rendered with BPR.

I’m always looking for ways to get expressive and loose with 3d, so to that end I was playing with the idea of flinging some extra strokes on the sculpt to suggest flyaway hair. You can see in the alternate views where that breaks down and looks bad. I didn’t really go back in and fix them since I was just going for the front view, but if I ever upload the ztool I’ll fix them.

Final Composition

Detail @ 100%

Alternate View 1

Alternate View 2

7 Likes

S’been ages - lovely to see a new(ish) post :+1:

1 Like

Brilliant! Can’t wait to try it myself!

WOW…13 years! So good to see you back here Jeremy :slight_smile:
Jaime

Haha, thanks! It’s been way too long. Man it feels good to be exercising the old ZBrush muscle again.

Stunning concept. Couldn’t take my eyes off of it.
I know about ZBrushes NPR filters, but to sculpt the paint strokes right on the mesh was brilliant!