ZBrushCentral

Male head bust sculpt

This is a sculpture I’ve been working on for a month or two. So I put in the fine details I could and put a cap on it. I’m trying to get closer and closer to realism. Constructive criticism is appreciated. I know there’s a ton of issues with it but I’m pretty proud of it.

(upload://hdG807Sv68zZqxygzaBXHSCYg9N.jpeg)

![front|1200x722]

This is a great start!

The main thing I would say is to make sure your major forms are accurate before adding fine details.

Check your reference and make sure the landmarks and proportions are in place. Try and get reference from multiple angles so you can see how the forms wrap around such as the eyes. Make sure that the underlying skull shape is correct too.

There are a lot of fantastic resourses like “anatomy 4 sculptors”, scott Etons course, or any number of cheap or free tutorials or videos out there. The main thing is observing your reference and making sure the large details are in place before adding smaller details.

Keep it up!

1 Like

Thank you! I actually bought Anatomy of 3-d Artists and Anatomy for Sculptors and followed those, breaking down each part. I’m going to keep going. Thank you!