ZBrushCentral

Male Figure in Progress

Made a male figure that I didn’t like so much I didn’t put it on here or anywhere before. The would be in the second set of pics. The first set of pics is the resculpt I did on it, which is still in progress. I have a significant increase in my male anatomy.
Any critiques are welcome. @PixoPaul @irsculpts and @anyoneelse ( @anyoneelse means literally any who wants to chime in).

1 Like

This is a great item to study. What are you using for reference? I would also recommend trying a little of a technique where you sculpt a bit and smooth out. You have some lumpiness in the sculpt.

Some of the area have too much volume, for example the legs. The upper front portion is too inflated.

1 Like

Thank you for the critiques. I have a bit of a problem using references from too many different types which cause a odd mix of looks. I got them off of Pinterest. Below are the 3 I was using. I did the rest by my mind/ trial and error.

Used this for reference on the back of his thigh primarily.

Used this pic for reference in creating the eyes.

used this for some reference which is why it it is probably inflated in certain areas.

The first pic is of my first real lips. I was listening to SergeWorks on Youtube while doing them. The second pic is of what happens when I put smoothing and detail in the sculpts face but I hit my polygon limit and it reduces. Tends to look a bit rough. The fun of ZbrushCoreMini.

Added more detail for his head and face. Got that sculpt itch big time. :grin:

I would recommend looking at people, not just artist work. I would look at some great references like Anatomy for Artist by Eliot Goldfinger or the Anatomy for Sculptores.

1 Like

thank you for the book recommendations

Today I looked at real people on Pinterest. His ab area looks so much better. You were So right. Feel a bit dumb not doing it sooner .Still got a ways to go but seeing the progress. @PixoPaul