ZBrushCentral

Making Time For Art #2 - Now with tutorial movie PART 2

can’t wait to make my own 40 000 000 poly bike, really. i dunno where i’ll use it(i am not sure if this possible at all), but i want to :smiley:

Not to be nit-picky but, how to you shift gears? The levers look backwards.
Very nice model though. I checked out the original and yours has a cool flare that goes beyond the cold metal look that they’ve built.

I agree with everyone else here Ofer, can you or someone at your company give us a step by step how-to on how you made this bike? Perhaps post it in the Z-Classroom? Or it doesn’t even have to be this bike, just a how-to making of hard surface parts (like the one’s you created). Yes, there are a few how-to’s on using shadowbox etc, but not exactly a start to finish how-to indepth like what you created here.

Well this brings back memories of your bike during 2002. Its great to see that you have some time to play with ZBrush and as always its great to see what you have been up to. I have been working on organic objects within Zbrush for so long now its getting very nearly time to play around with some mechanical designs. Thanks for the inspiration :slight_smile:

pixbike.jpg

Technically cool, but the bike is what we vintage guys call “ass jewelry”. I would take a CB750, Norton, Triumph, or Ducati any day over that thing.

Animation and the amount of work is incredible. Congratulations. i have the same questions as others asked in this thread.
1- How much time did you spend on this model from nothing to finish
2- how do you rate speed, level of control, ease of use and useablility of your process and end product, in Z4 to a similar one from another 3d package like max or maya?
3- How much time would be required make it ready in Z4 to bring it to another application where we can do FK setup and animation? (decimation/retopo)
4- What future improvement in Z4 do we expect regarding this type of work?
Are we expecting a full 3d package with some rigging tools, animation tools, physics engine and camera/light animations etc? If not then how does this aspect of ZBrush fit into a regular production pipeline other than concept design/prototyping (which perhaps can be faster on sketchbook)?

Thanks for sharing and once again incredible work and effort.:slight_smile:
cheers

I am very fortunate to have the oportunity to see your wonderful creation!and i want to thanks you and your team for the gem:ZB4:+1:

I think my head exploded and went back together, just like the video.
I look forward to more renders of this and any tutorials too.
Great music and editing!

so unbelievable … keep rocking pixologic :+1:

:grimacing: wow :smiley: …very nice!!! :+1:

So Amazing !! You truly master this program ya know ?! I know your done with it but it you ever wanter to revisit the project maybe a glossy more reflective paint job. also, throw some grease on there lol its too clean!! still one of the coolest things ive seen on here great work :bulb:small_orange_diamond:bulb:small_orange_diamond:bulb:small_orange_diamond:bulb:small_orange_diamond:bulb:

Thank you very much for your (way-over-the-top) kind comments!
Creating this motorcycle was simpler than it seems. I will record the 'Making of…" movie this weekend and will post it on Monday. The movie will answer your questions better than words can.

Thanks,
-Pixolator

That sounds more than great!!! Keep your awesome work up!

Whoa… Im totally impressed. Very cool! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1: Cant wait to see the making-of.

Wonderful!

Would it be possible to see a screenshot of the Project Directory so we may appreciate and understand how you organized all this?

Thanks!

~S.~

I am glad that you have enjoyed watching the movie:)
In order to answer your questions, over the weekend, I have created a similar motorcycle and recorded all my actions. I hope that you’ll find this movie educational as well as entertaining.

Due to the large file-size of the movie, I am only posting the first part of the movie today. ‘PART 1’ has a runtime of 30 minutes.
I’ll post ‘PART 2’ when the activity of ‘PART 1’ subsides.

Have fun ZBrushing:)
-Pixolator

[part1]
ZBCThumb3.jpg

BIG THX!!! … this is absolutely stunning!!!

ZBrush 4 at his Maximum!!! tremendous amount of cool stuff in this movie, i am like if a was finished to see some feature movie hit of the summer!, even more cool here because im learning!:+1:, a million thanks for sharing these movies Mr. Ofer. this is why ZBrush in general has a lot of success in the industry, definitely is made it by artists for artists!

O_o fantastic …

Awesome! Thanks so much for making this. Very insightful view of a skilled and efficient workflow.