ZBrushCentral

luke's sketchbook

I really like these, I like how shapes flow. :+1:

@michalis Thanks.

Small update. Eventually I hope to have a few buildings on each main body segment.

colussi concept 6-4.jpg

Moving along slow and steady. colossi 6-5.jpg

Schools started up again, gonna try to get a quicksculpt done before each class.

quicksculpt1.jpg

It’s been months since I’ve done any zbrushing so I’m pretty happy with the result. hour and a half or so.

Another speedsculpt, this one featuring blobby anatomy I promise to improve upon in future sculpts. quicksculpt 4 eyeguy.jpg

Speedsculpt of my favorite villain/single father and a render of my second assignment. Thanks to Muttonhead for the concept art. Killface 1.jpg

Attachments

killface 2.jpg

Birmbauer render 1.jpg

Here’s a sculpt I’m working on for an internship application. I’m having a hard time making the sausagey lizard legs believable and would love some C&C :slight_smile:

tan lizard 1.jpg

Attachments

CreatureTest2011.jpg

Been chomping away at this, almost done sculpting, test lopoly done with test uv’s, starting to get into normal maps and getting things to display right in Marmoset Toolbag or Max.

Once again I would love some critique on this project if anyone has anything to say.

Tan lizard head-o.jpg

Attachments

Tan Lizard lopoly.jpg

Final Sculpt.

[attach=271382]Tan Lizard Final Sculpt.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Tan Lizard Final Sculpt.jpg

Your details are fine, the main problem is the anatomy. I know this is not a real animal, but it’s based on real life references, and this is why the original concept art look so good. Type crocodile anatomy on google, and check how the legs are made compared to the one we have as human. Crocodile walks on their fingers, not hand or feet like you did on your model. Plus, the foward articulations look too much like an human arm, take the midle joint, it looks like an elbow on your model, when in real life, its a wrist. Making those distinction will help the overall realism of your creature.
Cheers!

actually its a dog with scales in the concept, not a crocodile, but still i agree with IndieBD on teh rest. The anatomy just isnt there ;]

Yeah, the anatomy on the limbs has been giving me problems the entire time I’ve been working on it, especially the back leg. Here’s a shot from the side, any advice on what I can do to make it more believable?

tan lizard final side.jpg

I’ve decided to give my Killface head sculpt a body to test out the new features. Dynamash is great, Clay Polish is tons of fun. Curves and insert brushes are just plain crazy.

Killface-basic.jpg

More crazy dragon stuff.

Colossus-11-8-pose.jpgColossus-11-8-pose-2.jpgColossus-11-8-pose-3.jpg