ZBrushCentral

luke's sketchbook

That looks pretty cool! I wish I had such good control over zspheres, I only use them for VERY simple base meshes cause whenever I try to do anything useful with them, it’s just complete chaos. :lol:

Golden>Thanks, I’m finally starting to learn how to sculpt these things from a ZSphere mesh. But in the meantime I really do like obsessing over where my ZSpheres are.

Been a while but I finally finished my first big project so now I’m gonna hit the sketches and quicksculpts hard.

Little over an hour from a cube. The new hard surface brushes are neat, i’m gonna really like learning the workflows

More of the same, kinda figuring out the trim and polish brushes. definitely not figuring out the planar brushes yet. quicksketch 2.jpg

Ok I’m starting to get the polish and trim dynamic workflow figured out but I’m still having problems with the trim adaptive. But here’s a quick speeder. quicksketch 3.jpg

I would recommend Mike Jensen’s ZBrush Techniques ebook available at 3d total.

Its very useful especially the part of creating hard surfaces.

Have Fun

:smiley:

Today’s quick sculpt. quicksketch 4.jpg

Surface noise is sweet but when I try to apply it with a mask the borders get really really strange, any thoughts out there?

What do you mean strange ? I dont see anything strange ?

Ah, I didn’t use it on these because I didn’t like it. Here ya go:

Attachments

weird.jpg

once you remove the mask that “strange” part should go away as well.

Played around with it a bit, yeah it goes away if you apply to the mesh and remove the mask. Leaves a bit of an artifact but I smoothed that away with a morph target.

thanks.

First one-hour creature.

Alien 1-1.jpg

One hour from ZSpheres. I have no idea what to do for eyelids and eyes, I tried pulling some of the geometry forward to partially cover the sphere but it really didn’t work so I left it alone. I think I’m digging my sockets too deep.

Alien 2-2.jpg

Woohoo ZSketch. I’m starting to see how this all works to build up form. zsketch1-1.jpg

One hour drawing in Paintstop with a basic ZSphere armature as a base. Colossus concept 1.jpg

Attachments

gundam sketch final.jpg

Did some more work on a quick ZSphere creature from a while ago. Here’s a quick paintover and the final ZSphere setup. Colussi zspherey.jpg

Attachments

Colossus concept 2.jpg

Found some really cool dinosaurs and did another paintover in Paintstop.

Colossus head.jpg

Something I’ve been fooling around with for a while and finally starting to make progress on. oct knot 2-2.jpg

Simplified the limbs and did a practice sculpt. Anatomy is tricky, especially if it’s repeating itself. Colussi anatomy study.jpg