ZBrushCentral

Lor San Tekka

At long last, I am wrapping up this project. I wanted to find an iconic role to use for my Max Von Sydow’s likeness exercise and… why not Lor San Tekka from Star Wars The force Awakens? A perfect role for Mr. Von Sydow’s hieratic charisma.
My version of the Chain of Wisdom he wears is, well, my own interpretation of the original since I couldn’t find a good reference for it.
I hope Star Wars fans won’t eat my head because of that :slight_smile:

Lastly, I really have to thanks Kris Costa’s efforts he put on his classes and workshops. Great stuff, I learned a lot from him.
You can check them out at: www.flyonthewall.studio.
Hope you like it and thanks for watching!

The head is fully sculpted and textured using Zbrush (no photographs). Substance Painter has also being used to paint clothes and accessories. Hair/grooming is Xgen. Rendered using Arnold.

Max_final Max_final_neutral1 Max_final_neutral2 !Max_final_03
Max_final_02
Max_final_04
Max_final_neutral3

35 Likes

Wow, great job! Amazing details.

2 Likes

Incredible work!!!

2 Likes

Stunning work!! :scream: :sunglasses: :+1: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2:!!

1 Like

textured using ZBrush (no photographs)

what, no photographs??? awesome!!! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks!
Yeah, all displacement detail and texture work is handcrafted in Zbrush, lots of work but it was part of the challenge! Thanks for your comment!

1 Like

Thank you! :pray:

Thank you!!

Thanks so much! Really appreciate it.

1 Like

Outstanding! Especially considering details are hand made. Glad Kris is able to share his “magic” :wink: Lots of work but the result speaks volumes :trophy: @TheProfoundis
Jaime

1 Like

Hi Jaime, thanks for dropping by and leave a comment, really appreciate it! :pray:
Yeah, I think beside his undisputed talent, Kris’s “magic” is mostly pure hard work, he’s a very committed, and passionate artist.

Excellent facial hairs!! :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Doug! Much appreciate it!

Great job on facial expression and that “microscopic realism” !

1 Like

Thank you! :pray:

1 Like

Wow, great job! Amazing details. In the game Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens which isn’t canon, Lor San Tekka isn’t killed when kylo Ren’s lightsaber malfunctions and San Tekka laughs.

WOW!!! Amazing. Thank you for sharing so much and so great to see the amazing pieces that keep coming out of Kris’s class.