ZBrushCentral

Logger

Hi guys,

Here is a new model I’ve been working on. It started as an anatomy study and then I decided to continue it and make it into a game character.
The character will be a logger, with a typical red checkers shirt.

The chain saw is next to model. Then the low poly , normal maps and texturing.
Most of it was done entirely in zbrush starting from a base of Zspheres that had been retopologized later.

[attach=67153]wa3kp3.jpg[/attach]

[attach=67154]wa4hg4.jpg[/attach]

thumb.jpg

Attachments

wa3kp3.jpg

wa4hg4.jpg

And the dressed model.

wa8.jpg

[attach=67155]wa9vn0.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

wa9vn0.jpg

Howdy undoz,

As an anatomy study it’s very nicely done…good proportions, good
detailing.

As the character of a logger, I’m wondering if he’d have meatier
forearms and hands, since he’d be using them quite a lot. Also,
although I bet you want to show more of your nice body sculpting,
unless he’s off-duty getting a beer at the local bar, he’d probably
be wearing long sleeves to keep the sap/whatnot off his arms…
just some thoughts from somebody who’s never been a logger. :smiley:

nice work!

WailingMonkey

Hi WailingMonkey

I’m considering making the forearms beefier and yes, I wanted to show more of the body :slight_smile: Maybe when he is off-duty he likes separating zombie parts with his chain saw :smiley: I was thinking of the character more in this direction.

hey mate,

awesome model, the anatomy is flawless, do u have any w.i.p pics. Anyway good job, looking forward to the final of this 1.:+1:

the model is very nice,also the clothes…could uou show the wire snapshot?

nice model…and nice anatomy study…
keep coming:D

Hi, cool model! I really like the clothing, but i think the anatomy could use a bit more luv.

In particular, i think the crease that defines the pectorals is a bit too sharp, even for a “hands down” position. For a T-pose especially so - the crease would not only be much smoother, but the pecs themselves would be streched out a bit.

Deltoids need some refinement as well - in places where they go above the triceps and between triceps/biceps.

Also, the dimple that happens between deltoid and trapeze happens much closer to the neck.

The way bicep transitions into the rest of the forearm could also be refined a bit.

Neck muscles on your model also appear to bulge out to the sides somewhat, rather than going straight to the clavicle.

These are just minor neat-picks, with clothing covering most of him, i think he’s good. Hope that was helpful, looking forward to more updates!

Very realistic anatomy :+1:
I hope you’ll texture this guy:)

Great work ! I love realistic characters.

The last finger of the hand seems too long, no ?

Hey king_p! The anatomy is not so flawless. There are problems that I can’t spot very well in many areas. I can’t nail proportions and anatomy in one shot and I had a lot of struggle with this model. The wip images show this and I’m nor very proud of them :slight_smile:

skulll_monster: Thanks. I've attached the wire and the zsphere model.

Thanks Kupo.

Hi Fess. Thanks a lot for the feedback!

You observed the areas that I have the most problems with. I can’t get those arms right . You make it look so easy in your model. It has one of best and most natural anatomy I’ve seen and it inspired me.
I’ll try to fix it.

Calin, I hope that I'll texture it too :) I'm not sure how soon. cooly08, Well spotted. It is too long indeed. Thanks [![wire.jpg|717x761](upload://nfDyKrt61lXWzDkhvpRHvOsFG1O.jpeg)]![zs.jpg|449x523](upload://nKLX8N7cXEx9RHYcsjpr4tGlZzF.jpeg)

thank you very much for this,Andrei!!! :+1:

p.s. ma cheama Calin:laughing: se mai intampla sa fiu botezat dar nu-i problema:laughing:
de abia astept sa-l vad texturat

Bafta!!

Haha, sorry Calin, sunt un idiot. Ma gandeam la altcineva cand am postat :slight_smile:
Texturarea va fi in ultimul stage pe modelul low poly. O sa mai dureze putin pana acolo pentru ca voi lua o mica pauza dupa ce termin cu modelul high.

Awesome model. I really like how the body has character (subtle rolls on the hips). I can really relate with this guy and I really havn’t seen any distinct natural human models like this, which is a refreshing change.

Great work on making a unique and very believable character. I can’t wait to see that red and black checker plad shirt =)

May your path be clear of branches :wink:

Cool, looks Jason Statham-inspired.

I don’t comment too often anymore…just too many new posts. But I had to compliment you on your model. I’ve been working on a base model for about 2 weeks now (off and on). I’m trying to get the proportions right, not so much the muscular details, since it will be a base from which I will model future characters, which will then have the fine details put in. Anyway, this is not about me, so I digress.

At first, I was annoyed by Fess’ criticisms, because I saw only perfection when I viewed the model. But I’m sure his comments were meant only to help, so I reconsidered them. Unfortunately, the quality of this model is only going to make me more frustrated as I start to detail my own! :slight_smile:

I especially like the clothing as you added it. The wrinkles and the way the shirt hang on the body are especially nice. It seems that many people will put a shirt and pants on, but they will look stiff. Your clothing actually drapes as cloth should. 5 stars from me…

Nice work, good work both anatomy and cloth. Congrats

Alan

well done
the clothing is exceptional.
Paul

Kosher : Thanks

Svet_P: I haven't used him as reference but I have to say that it looks similar. Thanks for pointing him out because it seems like a good source of reference for the future. Slosh: Fess's comments were valuable ones. Most of the times when I become frustrated is when I can't see my own mistakes. They only appear obvious after some time has passed since I've last touched the model. This model started as a base one for future models, but the same thing has been with the last 3 models I've done. I can't be satisfied with an older model and I always start to make a new one. I wish you good luck with your model and don't be frustrated. We should be doing this for fun Paul and Alan: Thanks I've made a quick model of the chainsaw today. The base was made in max and then added some details in ZB. I wish I had the Zapp plugin available. I'm not too eager to do the lowpoly for this one :)

[chains1.jpg]

Superb work , I love i! :+1: :+1: :+1: