ZBrushCentral

Logen (The bloody Nine) - Head study

Great work. You got to post more stuff! :+1:

btw: is the hair and facial hair a dif tool?

First my congratulations!!!
Will be adding my 5 stars to the group.
At the time of my posting you are on the top row.

Would like to add my apologies.
This is a piece of work that any member of this
forum would have been proud to claim as their own, as is.

I am sure that after many, many hours of sculpting you really
needed to hear small petty comments about the cheek.

Considering no one probably knows the model, how do we
know if the features are off, or an accurate representation
of the actual model?

Again, agologies and congratulations, in that order
Will be looking forward to the works of those that trash you.

Thanks for your concern bicc39.
I’m more then happy to read comments, and criticisms about the checks (and anything else that appears odd). I feel every ones comments are valid, and worth listening too. I don’t think those making the comments did so with any malice, and did so as a genuine attempt to help. It’s very hard to detach yourself from your own models, when you spend so many hours staring at them. I appreciate every ones comments, small and large. They allow me to step back and look at the model with someone elses eyes.

I have split the character into the following subtools.

-Toasty

Thanks once again to those who made critics and also to those who were concerned about the critics. There is no good and bad. It’s all good as far as I’m concerned. :smiley: logansubtools001uq4.jpg

This is a great sculpt. I’m really impresses with your work.

keep up the great work and thanks for sharing!

Nickz.

I think this is an amazing piece of work. So much character to your sculpt. I personally think the cheek bone looks great the way it is. It gives the impression that he is missing a tooth or two at the back of his jaw and therefore the cheek would be slightly concave.

Top work mate! :+1: :+1:

very very nice

Excellent work! I too like the chainmaille alot. Its no easy thing to do…physically or digitally.

Hey man, welcome aboard :wink:

more and more australian people here:+1:

Cool to see your stuffs here.
Top row for a first post, not too bad :wink:

see u dude!

omg! Such a hard work. :grimacing: :grimacing:
BTW I’m happy for you, good work. :+1:

very nice sculpting, keep on,i like it

amazing!you did a great work:+1: :+1:

Really well done Toastman! :+1: :sunglasses:

I don’t know Why but in My Opinion this is the Best Character I’ve Ever seen in 3D World !!!
Ace Job man … Bravo :+1: :+1: :smiley: :wink: I’d love to know when u begin Z and How did u get to this Point of ZBrushing ?!

I love the battle-scarred features (and the chain mail really rocks). Excellent first post. Thanks for sharing (esp. the description of chain mail technique).

very cool model, i thought about doing chainmail like that , because with the new transpose tool in zb3 its pretty easy, but still insanely tedious,. if i were to do stuff with chainmail this is what i would recommend: make a dynamic simulation using houdini’s rigid body dynamics. you make the mesh that the rings would rest up against, you place them all over the collision mesh, and then u put gravity on the rings, and they will all fall into perfect place, and you can also animate the collision mesh and the rings will move perfectly. im pretty sure that they do all really complex dynamic simulations for movies in houdini because its the only program that can do such complex dynamics without crashing, altho maya’s ncloth simulations are improving

Same here, he looks like a seasoned warrior. I also think the hair is just fine with the detail you’ve given it. Looks great! :slight_smile:

Well deserved top row for all the hard work you’ve put into this.

5 stars from me :+1:

Beautiful sculpt…
Congrats on top row…

talk about a character!
awesome scuplt. i dont really know what the bloody nine is, but i am hoping you scult the other 8!

keep it up

Toasty, really great to see your z-brush post. Good to see you up and running since December. Just started z-brush myself, so will post some time in the near future.