ZBrushCentral

Live Boolean is making my model disappear, HELP!

Live Boolean is making my model disappear, HELP!

Hello @eharrisr

Well, Live Boolean may very well make parts or an entire tool disappear if it completely enveloped by a subtool set to subtraction mode. Without additional information, I can only point you to the Live Boolean documentation. Be sure to read up on the various boolean mix modes at the top of the entry for a subtool on the subtool list.

If this doesn’t address your problem, you’ll have to explain the situation a bit more.

Here’s a solution if you’re using Image Planes.

I was having the same problem. Changing the model opacity to 100 while in boolean mode was not working. Any time I would turn boolean on and then change the subtool mode to subtract it would vanish all the subtools (even though they would be visible in polyframe mode). On my Udemy course, a student named Jon found this solution that worked for me…

"I’m not the instructor, but I ran into the same problem that you describe. The solution I found was to switch back to 2.5D mode by dropping out of “Edit” mode. While in this mode, make sure that Mrgb and Zadd are enabled and “Rgb Intensity” and “Z Intensity” are both at 100. After that, switch back to “Edit” mode. Now when you enable Live Boolean, your models shouldn’t disappear anymore.

Here is the quote I found on Reddit that saved me: “Drop out of Edit mode and make sure that Z-Add and MRGB are both on and set to 100. For example, even a Z-Add value of 99 will cause this exact behavior.”"

3 Likes

Thanks @rcwells40 , you just saved my ass :smiley: