ZBrushCentral

Linux version of Zbrush?

No, I see only a few. and Ican’t access the Zxxx template/sample files.
Anyways to solve this issue?

I noticed that all CPU threads don’t use 100% when Zremeshing.
while on ohther workflow they usel full. (I use it default Perfromance settings.)
Preventing thermal slotting or something…??..I don’t know. I don’t know if it is Win/Linux problem or ZBrush 2021 itself.
But I wanna know how to solve this problem too. It looks like ZB doesn’t use full potential of CPU thread when Zremeshing.

I now testing it on Ryzen 3700X and checking the system monitor,
almost all the workflow, like sculpting, dynameshing … are really great.
I even feel it’s better than on Windows 10 and macOS.

A kind of solution is presented in the “Using ZBrush on Linux” thread. Just run the Python code (using a hotkey like Super+R) and it will rebuild your “Recent” tab to automatically find and present whatever you choose, for example your QuickSave path and many ZBrush template and sample files. Files like zpr, ztl and zsc will open when clicked in the Recent tab.

For your information I tested this limitation. It seems that whenever there are more than nine items in a folder they start to disappear. There may be more folders than that, but not files (See LightBox Brush for an example). A work around could be a Python script that automatically creates sub folders and limits files to nine in each. I know that way also textures will work in LightBox.

Another method is that you simply manually sort your ZBrush installation folder so that you make sure to never have more than nine (9) ZPR/ZTL/JPG in a single folder. You can just test it to see for yourself. However, for a large array of assets like textures a script would be required for productivity. Also, whenever a new version of ZBrush is installed the templates will need to be sorted again. So to remove the need to manually resort things a script is needed (if not the issue is solved).

2021.where is the zbrush for linux? :roll_eyes:

Yeah it’s 2021. we are living in an era of cross-platform apps.
Even Blender, free open source app, runs on Win / Mac / Linux.
I’ve been waiting ZBrush for Linux for a long time, but I’m kind of giving up.
Pixologic seems not interested in it. I guess that’s their marketing decision.
so I won’t expect of it anymore.
LIfe is short.
I just use ZBrush on Linux via wine. That’s it.

I read in this forum that zB’s folders are confusing and that zB was developed using Qt, which is primarily for Linux systems. I think this company is all about profit. By the way, 3DCoat is also available on Linux and they are very willing to listen to users.

1 Like

Yes it’s using Qt. It’s cross-platform API and can be converted to Linux version.
No matter how hard Linux users shout out or pissed off for 10 years, Pixologic won’t listen to minority rants.
ZBrush is the only 3D app without Linux version in major 3DCG apps in 2021.

In my country, most software manufacturers do not develop specific versions for a small number of users, but this situation is getting better, and many commonly used software have Linux versions. I do not know whether this European and American manufacturers are not willing to develop Linux versions because of the cost, but ZB is still the mainstream in my country. Because the polygon load of other software still does not meet the requirement. Let’s hope they listen to us, or there may be up-and-comers to replace them.

Has ZBrush been acquired by Maxon? Is there a Linux version of C4D? But I don’t think a Linux version of ZBrush will be released. :scream: