ZBrushCentral

Leo Haslam sketchbook

TJX: thanks man. yeh the hairs were painted in photoshop.
stoyan3d and Revel: glad you guys like it. yeh I know what you mean about the eyes or lack of. originaly he did have eyes but there was just something bothering me about the way he looked. they also made him look exactly like the nemesis from resident evil. anyway I tryed seeing what he looked like with no eyes and I really liked. I reacon he sees you with his mind, like he always knows where you are. maybe

hey. heres an update on Mutant Sniper. i’m way behind on this one. i was hopeing to get it done by last weekend but i had a major computer malfunction and had to reinstall windows7. i’ve only had this laptop for about four weeks and it’s already had a major crash. oh well its all working now so heres what i’ve done in the last day or so.

[ms test2 copy.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘177834’,‘ms%20test2%20copy.jpg’,1,0))

Ever consider getting a full desktop for your ZBrush/3D work? Laptop hardware isn’t as reliable as desktop for high poly 3D work.

Looks really good!!

mestophales: thanks man.
TJX: I have a desk top that I work on at home. I bought this laptop because I spend 40 hours a week at work and my job consists of sitting infront of a tv and occationally answering a phone, so I figured I should get a laptop so that I could zbrush all day at work. :smiley: Its actually better than desktop (appart from the crash)

Ah, that’s good to know. Always good to have a desktop at home to keep all your 3D stuff incase your laptop breaks, or God forbid, lost or stolen.

heres another update. done some work on the fine details.

[yeeeeeeeya.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘179587’,‘yeeeeeeeya.jpg’,1,0))

random thought
Imagine that thing on his head open up, and expose a one big eyes when he begin to snipe his target…now that is scary lol

Btw, so far it looks nice…
And what MatCap are you using on this model?..It shows the detail on the skin really well.

_Revel

Revel: thanks man. yeh that would be gross with the eye thingy. the image is a very quik photoshop composite of a few different materials. “sculpting material 2” from KrakenCMT’s material set, “dirty hulk” by sathe, “loden 3” by lodenfactory and one of the “blin” (i forget which one) materials by undoz. all of theys materials are good at picking up the fine details and can be found in the follwowing link along with a ton of other awesome free matcaps. http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=46175&page=1&pp=15

Dude, thanks for the link…
A lot of great material that I already downloading from there :slight_smile:

another random thought
Imagine there’s a lot of cable from his head connecting to his sniper scope so he actually looking using the scope!
haha, sorry I just too excited with anything about snipers :stuck_out_tongue:

_Revel

is it nick zuccarellos?
looks awfully similar but good stuff man!!!:+1:

Ares1979: yeh thats the one. i didnt use it in the end. dont get me wrong its a grate model and everything but i found it hard to make stuff with it that didnt look just like it. i just think that there is to much detail already and that will eventually have some kind of influence on the final piece. i forgot all about the ninja vs soldier, really need to get back to that one at some point.

just updateing the sketch book. final renders of mutant sniper.
heres the link to the mutant sniper thread
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=82997

[mutant sniper full body 2 resize.jpg]ms beutey shot 2nd go resize.jpg

Thats what Im talking about, this dude looks ‘literally insane’, (the cheeky grin)
Good stuff mate.:+1: :+1: :+1:

Hi LeoAMD,

Really great to see you finished this piece!..the creature looks awesome…but as for the weapons I hoping to see more, things that I see in my head was more to the mutant weapon with lots of wire connecting to his head, as the primary visual input when he begin snipping his target…well its just my opinion…

But overall it looks good :slight_smile:
Cheers.

_Revel

self portrait, minus the hair. maya, zbrush, photoshop and painter

[comp 3 resize.jpg]

hulkthumb.jpg
been working on an alternative hulk character in another thread. heres a quikck photo shop jobby I did today. still got lots of sculpting to do and some work on expresions so I thought i’d post this in my sketch pad.

[hulkwip.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘197273’,‘hulkwip.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

hulkthumb.jpg

got a little tired of doing the hulk at the mo so heres somthing else I’m doing at the mo.

[pose_4.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘201575’,‘pose_4.jpg’,1,0))

Really glad to see you W.I.Ping things out. Why not throw in Scarface in this sketch book?:smiley:

At this rate you keep improving you will be working in no time at all.
Good luck see you around.

Keep making models you will jump in leaps and bounds.

Converse: hey good to see you on here man:D yeh I imight put scar face on here! thanks for the kind words dude and thanks for all the help with getting to grips with maya:+1: