ZBrushCentral

Layer problem in zbrush

Hello guys

i find some layer issue in zbrush , It is bake the detail on the mesh without pressing bake button
i upload short video demonstration of the problem here:

At all the problem is that:
I have a clean mesh with 6 sibdivisions and a layer with some basic details that is set to 0

1. i lower the subdivisions to 1 and put the layer intensity to 1
  2. Then i set to the highest subdivision to 6 and lower the layer intensity for example to 0.3
  3. Then i lower again the subdivisions to 1 and make the layer intensity to 0 .
  4. After that i go to subdivision 6 again
  5. Result : the details from the layer is baked on the mesh, It is very strange problem

I hope if this can be fixed

Thanks

Yes, im on a mac with the latest zbrush version, also have similar issue. So far i only have this when i open a my project and i start sculpting on lower subdivisions.

When i open an older project have to immediately check if i have layers turned on before i sculpt anything. If my sculpt has turned on layers solution for me is to go to the highest subdivision do a stroke then i can safely edit on lower subdivs without layers getting applied to the sculpt.

This sounds like layers getting applied when working on lower subdivisions me thinks.

Cheers!
Mariusz

Yep, just noticed the same. I don’t know when or why this happened, but suddenly my layer is visible even when I disable it, and it’s doubling up when activated.

Very annoying.